Feel like I can't be arsed with anything :(

P

playstation

Most of my days are just spent vaping. I did drink every night but have not done so for the past 5 weeks. I know from a previous post that a lot of you don't feel that anti-psychotics cause depression but in my case I feel they do. I've never felt myself on them, but I have no choice but to take them like many of us. Another complaint of mine is having no feelings for the opposite sex, physically or mentally, it sucks big time as I always dreamed of having a loving physical relationship. My social life isn't great got a couple of friends I see rarely, and a circle of friends I just fear going back out with as things have changed so much on my part with this illness.

I'm depressed, going to try some new antidepressants eventually but got to go through an anti-psychotic change first.

Shingle

Shingle

I hope the change goes well and it is a less numbing option. Dopamine, the happy hormone, doesn't sound like you have very much but then doesn't the medication deplete it? I hope the antidepressant helps too. It sounds like it all will so you just need to be patient and look forward to feeling better soon. Try and push your psychiatrist to get everything done as quickly as possible though as they sometimes forget about that side of things.

Joy can get through sometimes so maybe you can go swimming in ice cold water :shrug:or run through fields naked, to get that feeling. :eek2: Sorry i am trying to make you smile and give you some idea.

L

linus

Get involved more in your social circle, that could improve your perception of depression.