• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feel like I’m spiraling

h_put2021

h_put2021

I feel like I’m spiraling and cannot catch a grip on myself. I’m ultra rapid cycling and I go from happy to anxious to irritable to sad and depressed in a single day and it’s driving me nuts.

I feel like I’m crazy and just want to be like a normal person for once. I hate this.... I really do. Why am I like this.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Your brain doesn't work properly?
You are not taking good care of yourself?

h_put2021

h_put2021

Your brain doesn't work properly?
You are not taking good care of yourself?
I mean I’m trying but it’s not a “fix all.” I try to exercise, I’m on new meds and I go to counseling. My weird brain chemistry is just always going to be my Achilles heel.

Zero One

Zero One

I am under the care of a psychiatrist and I used to get this rapid cycling in a matter of minutes. I think the addition on a second antipsychotic (Abilify) and an anti-anxiety med called lorazepam helped

h_put2021

h_put2021

I am under the care of a psychiatrist and I used to get this rapid cycling in a matter of minutes. I think the addition on a second antipsychotic (Abilify) and an anti-anxiety med called lorazepam helped
I may ask if I can be given lorazepam. It helped me previously to bring myself back down.

HLon99

HLon99

Just hang in there. I was where you were 6 months ago and trust me it does get better. Eventually you will leave all of this behind and it will seem like just a bad dream you had. Lorazepam can help take the edge off in the short run, but its not a long term solution and is very addictive. I was addicted to Ambien before I got treatment for bipolar disorder and withdrawal from it was hell. I even had a seizure. People say quitting benzos is worse than heroin withdrawal.

h_put2021

h_put2021

Just hang in there. I was where you were 6 months ago and trust me it does get better. Eventually you will leave all of this behind and it will seem like just a bad dream you had. Lorazepam can help take the edge off in the short run, but its not a long term solution and is very addictive. I was addicted to Ambien before I got treatment for bipolar disorder and withdrawal from it was hell. I even had a seizure. People say quitting benzos is worse than heroin withdrawal.
You have a good point. I may ask if there is a similar drug, but with less addictive tendencies.