• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feel like failure can't stop crying

I

invisible2014

Hello I found out that my hours are being cut and feel that only reason I'm. It being made redundant is so they don't have to do redundancy pay .I'm already on part time hours as it is and feel really upset .I'm the only one.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm not surprised you are upset. What are you going to do for money now?

At least this will all be over soon and you can find a job where your talents are appreciated.

I have lost money in similar ways, as has some of my friends. I don't know if this is a swear word but they call it being 'shafted' so you are not the only one to be wronged in this way. Still not right though is it.

I

invisible2014

No that's right I'm worrying.about money and really am so upset

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
No that's right I'm worrying.about money and really am so upset
Are you entitled to any benefits? I know they aren't much money compared to paid work.

We have seen lots of temp work at the moment, have you called any agencies to see if they have anything?

Citizens Advice Bureau are also very helpful if you cannot think which way to turn. If you are worried you cannot pay your rent, you could call your landlord to discuss it.

Rest and then get stuck into sorting things out on Monday perhaps? A nice bath and a good sleep always makes me feel stronger.

I

invisible2014

Thank you I think there trying to get out if redundancy pay hence why there offering to.offer me some shifts a week I will contact them thank you

OCDguy

OCDguy

Sorry to hear of everything you are going through? Have you been able to have a chat with your bosses, and given the opportunity to express how much this job means to you, and how much you rely on the hours you have worked in the past? It's never certain, but if they realise how much you value them and your job, and how you are struggling now your hours have been cut/affected they might re-consider. It could spark a whole new stronger working relationship too. Worth a try? :)

I

invisible2014

Hi sadly not because I've been there five years and they know my commitment it's more a financial decision they've made based on fact I'm an assistant and not a practioner

OCDguy

OCDguy

I can't help but think where there's a will there's a way... could there be another way to approach this :hug:

I

invisible2014

They called me in office and already explained because I'm not a key worker and there suffering financially this is there decision

I

invisible2014

And I texted my boss Friday and she already said I'm not needed tommorow

I

invisible2014

I've already proved how commited I am.ive been doing loads of overtime and changing my hours when suits them but sadly there not getting enough money

OCDguy

OCDguy

This COVID virus is affecting many... is it possible to get financial assistance from the Government while your employer copes with all of this? How about looking for an additional job just to tide you over during these difficult times? Supermarkets are still open, could that be a possible option, or something similar? :hug:

I

invisible2014

I'm.devestated been crying all night and so depressed can't get up from bed.i found out last night I'm.not needed at all this week so worried sick about getting PA d for this week I will give them to next week pay day to discuss what there doing in and if haven't heard or don't get paid will.apply for universal credit not impressed at all with this company