feel like a complete prat failed terribly

I

invisible2014

Hi I had another interview I looked stupod felt stupid I was waffling along and what is worse Is that my mum works there so I made a complete idiot somewhere my mum works,also I tucked rge dissabilty box because I suffer from.dyspraxia and he didn't understand why I ticked it first .

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Sorry it didn't go to well. Hopefully you can learn from this one and the next one will go better.

F

fidget

You are a good person invisible2014, you obviously try really hard in your life and you care about what you do. From your posts you seem to have a really sweet nature, you just have very low self esteem which makes things hard for you. EVERYBODY messes up interviews sometimes, interviews are incredibly stressful and sometimes do not go the way we would wish. It is all a big learning process, you are doing really well to be getting interviews and the more interviews you have, the better you will get at them. Try to have more faith in your abilities and your strengths, you will get there eventually, it's hard but you have a good heart, some one will see that and they will give you a chance. It is just a matter of time and practice. Its a horrible feeling thinking about an interview that didn't go so well so I have a lot of sympathy with what you are feeling but try and be kind to yourself, you got through a stressful situation, you should be proud of that :hug:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi invisible,
Sorry the interview didn't go very well. You are not stupid, you are sweet, kind and very hard working.
You can't help being nervous, you'll get a job.
Practice beforehand what they might ask you.
Don't be hard on yourself.
Take care

I

itsmeagain

Hello Invisible.
Interviews are horrible at times.
No one likes being grilled for reasons why they want the job. Most of the time we need cash in today's cut throat world.
Horrible reality. Yet if a person says "I need the money" and not " I think your company is fab" no one likes it.
Funny story..I went to an interview once with a bad toothache.
The trousers I put on had a hole in the arse.
On my way out..it was a psych day hospital.....they saw the hole ..I was so tired I never knew there was a hole there.
A manager , when told I had failed, said "f.. k them...and don't go back."
I tried again...and got the job.
Good luck in all you do.

Last edited: