• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Feel Im not quite heard

M

MHFPokeplantz

Whats crazy feels even crazier when the mess in my head goes back distorted to me when I speak to someone, as if it were my fault.

Ppl always be telling me to speak up more or trust them, but when I eventually do (what is not often at all) I hear I should face things more, or that Im lazy, or that "thats life", like man if I have mind issues then its expected (technically) that my behavior wont be THAT "normal" or usual, "simple" like most people, but then they KNOW IT and still demand me to act totally different and more "like the others", use other ppl as parameter, say Im not trying, etc
And if I dont talk to them about these or dont go into details AT ALL, Im "suffering in silence" and am choosing to suffer (o_O:yuck:)

So hard to tell between when to speak to "better" ppl about it (though even professionals so far have said often similar things) or when Im being too "close minded" and stubborn. Culture doesnt help AT ALL w damn I M M E D I A T I S M when somethings just CANT be solved overnight. PATIENCE

PurplePrinny80s

PurplePrinny80s

The people that tell you that you are lazy, not trying hard enough, and tell you that's life need to be in your life as little as possible. Same for those who tell you to act like other people. Go gray rock. Talk to me= no thank you. You're suffering in silence = okay.

"I don't trust you, and I don't have to trust you." Trust for us needs to be shown, again and again. What these people are showing is not trust.

As for "facing things more", it depends on what it is. If you cannot change the situation, walk away and let yourself heal. What do the professionals say? If you dissociate with them, they cannot help you. However if they are a quack, there is no point in going.

M

MHFPokeplantz

Lol I do ALMOST EXACTLY like this, I lost ny patience long ago so I hardly answer or just few words, and I hardly go after them

About facing things its complicated cause things are too open and I have hard time interpreting, like, once I realize I cant change something I dont insist on it, so it becomes about ACCEPTING (and sometimes getting distanced too), so even the professionals I want to stop seeing (though I dont intend to YET, I still need some help)

And professionals eventually often push or suggest to me to see people/family/etc more often, but again it comes the topic of this thread, people want a magic cure to my "slow mindset" (yes Im TOO SLOW) and my terrible moods and emotions, s