• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Feel down today

F

Frenchy1292

Just upped my meds last week from 150mg of venlafaxine to 187mg had 2 good days but come over feeling really rubbish today,is this ever going to end I am so tired of this now,I've been off work now for 8 months and I just want my life back ,😢

Acorn

Acorn

I’m sorry you’re having a hard time. I get how you feel.

Things can and will improve but you have to give it time

:hug:

Mal84

Mal84

Just upped my meds last week from 150mg of venlafaxine to 187mg had 2 good days but come over feeling really rubbish today,is this ever going to end I am so tired of this now,I've been off work now for 8 months and I just want my life back ,😢
Sorry you don’t feel good. It’s positive that you’ve had the two good days no matter how rubbish you are feeling today.

Also the med increase is bound to mess with your emotions a little bit x

F

Frenchy1292

Thankyou for your reply support really helps and I appreciate it,it's just so hard when you have a good day then feel this way again,I've had 4 med changes in the last 8 months but I have felt this one is working better I just want to get better its not fair on my partner and 2 little girls

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
I’ve been off work too because of my severest depression I’ve ever had in my life.
I’ve been on Prozac and TMS. I miss my work so much.
I feel you. Hope you’ll be better soon.

F

Frenchy1292

Hello
I’ve been off work too because of my severest depression I’ve ever had in my life.
I’ve been on Prozac and TMS. I miss my work so much.
I feel you. Hope you’ll be better soon.
It's rubbish feeling like this isn't it, how long you been off work? I would love to go back to work but I'm so up an down ATM just feels like it will never end,what's that TMS like?

Catty5

Catty5

@Frenchy1292

Hello
Thank you for reaching out.
Off work for a year and a half.... so desperate. I love my work but how can work with my miserable condition? My office is still standing and waiting for me to go back😹
Yes it’s truly rubbish feelings. I feel the same i you do.
On Prozac for 14 weeks after 3 meds failed. On TMS....a half way done hoping it’ll work.

F

Frenchy1292

@Frenchy1292

Hello
Thank you for reaching out.
Off work for a year and a half.... so desperate. I love my work but how can work with my miserable condition? My office is still standing and waiting for me to go back😹
Yes it’s truly rubbish feelings. I feel the same i you do.
On Prozac for 14 weeks after 3 meds failed. On TMS....a half way done hoping it’ll work.
I hope it all works out for you,I haven't tryed prozac, not many I haven't tryed,,😒 I'm on venlafaxine atm

Catty5

Catty5

How does Effexor work? What is atm? How long have you been on it? Is it working?
Prozac once helped me so well a long time ago. I’m just hoping it’ll help me again but i’m not sure.
So much anxiety and frustration wondering when I can go back to work or more basically if i’ll Be able to go back to work again.

N

Nukelavee

I'm on 112.5 mg of Venlafaxine. I've been on the med itself for about 7 years. 8 years?

It really seems to be a drug that takes weeks for an increase to have a noticable effect on my mood.

In my experience - anti-depressants alone don't make things better. It takes actively working at building a routine and coping mechanisms along the drug to improve our state. I feel like it lifts teh depression just enough it doesn't feel crippling - so you feel "well" enough to start to cope better.

But you have to shake the habit of being depressed, too. When it lasts enough, it prevents us from seeing the world or our life in any other way than through a grey filter, because it makes us forget there is any other way to see things.

Think of all the things you used to do and enjoy, and now have no appeal. Write down a list of them. They could be anything from music to movies to walks, to foods.

I had a period of 4 or 5 years where I was in a completely depressed slump. My life narrowed down to virtually nothing. No people, no tv or music, not eating much. IF it wasn't for the dog I had at teh time, I wouldn't have ever done anything. I mean, it was bad enough my mail got cancelled, because I hadn't walked down the hall to get it in months.

One day I was at the store, and suddenly...pickles! I realized I hadn't had any in years, and that I liked them. So I bought some, and, yup - turns out I still liked them. But I was kinda floored by the idea that I had simply forgotten I enjoyed them.

Pickles didn't save me - but it made me realize I was so certain nothing could make me happy, that I wasn't even giving myself a chance to see if anything brought me pleasure.

I think we need to make the effort to revisit our old pleasures, just to test out ability to feel happiness, rather than assuming we can't.

Short version - I thin the meds help by creating the possibility of being happy, but that we have to work at rediscovering it, too.