• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

feel bad

Zentangle

Zentangle

Please help me on this. My dad left mum 8 years ago. Since then mums always had her story to y dad left and that was because he met another woman who is my age 30. But I saw dad at work today and we had a good chat and found out that he left mum because she was lazy and didn't help him with 4 kids. He also told me today that I been the oldest often told him that the way things were wasn't good and he needs to sort it out. But I'm sure I didn't tell my dad to leave mum. I feel bad incase mum ever finds out. I think I've blocked it out of my head. Going to make an appointment with my psychologist I think. Really need to talk about it x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

:hug:
That all sounds quite complicated.
It could be that either of your parents aren't telling the truth. I know there are two sides to a story, but those are very different accounts of what happened.

How are you feeling after your Dad said that to you? Let's presume it was true - would that make you feel you might have somehow been disloyal to your Mum?
If you don't remember it though, I don't know if you should question yourself just because your Dad has said something. Perhaps he's telling himself you supported his decision to leave in order to lessen his own guilt.. who knows.

Sorry that this is all going on for you. I hope you can see the psychologist soon. x