feel at a loss

J

Jomarie

hi all it's my first time posting I'm 37 and I have suffered with mental health for over 20years. I currently take citalopram and amitriptyline. I work full time I'm married and have to kids. lately I feel like I'm just coasting along last night I've had panic attacks in my sleep. I had to call my boss hysterical this morning saying I couldn't go into work. I forgot to mention that my son for diagnosed with cerebal palsy a year ago (he's 10) and is awaiting genetic tests it is mild but still a worry. along side this I also have arthritis. so been a heavy year. I just feel like I have no joy I never feel happy I always just want to go to bed and hide and not speak to anyone I feel so low and at a loss. so sorry for posting just needed to admit I'm on the edge x

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Hello Jo you have got such a lot of things on your plate. A what I call too many buses arriving at once.

Might be an idea to talk to your boss about your son's diagnoses so that he can be aware at least don’t need to go into huge detail.

Really sorry about the arthritis. Maybe look at tweaking your diet to reduce the severity of it. also omega 3 is good that is found in your local health shop.

Can you talk to someone irl and is your husband understanding and supportive and can you talk about your son's diagnoses rather than both bottle it up.

Keep talking as others on the forum will most likely be helpful.

H

Hope Rising

I came on this site because I was struggling. Now that I've read your post, I just want to encourage you. First, you are not alone. I don't know you, but I have been there before, and I think you are being assaulted emotionally because of everything. Perhaps it's partly circumstantial, but it's partly because you are a very sensitive person (at least from my experience). Second, you need hope. Your title "feel at a loss" shows that there is a loss or several you have gone through. I have learned that loss can be a lot things (not just the typical losses we think of when we hear the word). I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm going to say you need to know that God is for you and hasn't forgotten you. I feel very strongly that He wants to speak directly to you and your situation. He wants you to have hope and feel positively about your future and your children's future. I am praying for you to get a job that you absolutely love (or for the job you have to be that and more) and for joy to return to you. Thanks.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

I came on this site because I was struggling. Now that I've read your post, I just want to encourage you. First, you are not alone. I don't know you, but I have been there before, and I think you are being assaulted emotionally because of everything. Perhaps it's partly circumstantial, but it's partly because you are a very sensitive person (at least from my experience). Second, you need hope. Your title "feel at a loss" shows that there is a loss or several you have gone through. I have learned that loss can be a lot things (not just the typical losses we think of when we hear the word). I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm going to say you need to know that God is for you and hasn't forgotten you. I feel very strongly that He wants to speak directly to you and your situation. He wants you to have hope and feel positively about your future and your children's future. I am praying for you to get a job that you absolutely love (or for the job you have to be that and more) and for joy to return to you. Thanks.
hello Hope and welcome

frogsplash

frogsplash

hello Jo, perhaps speak to your doctor about reviewing the meds you are taking if you feel they are no longer effective