• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Fed up with questions

B

Braveheart

My friend keeps asking if I'm happy and I keep telling him over and over that no I'm not happy. I'm not happy within myself ,nothing makes me happy,nothing interests me and nobody understands why. I'm sick and tired having to explain myself that I'm not happy and I cant explain why I'm not.
People dont understand about depression mental health issues. Nothing can make me smile as I feel hopeless inside.
The only comfort I get is on here as I am able to talk to you folks and I know you all understand

Q

queerghost

My friend keeps asking if I'm happy and I keep telling him over and over that no I'm not happy. I'm not happy within myself ,nothing makes me happy,nothing interests me and nobody understands why. I'm sick and tired having to explain myself that I'm not happy and I cant explain why I'm not.
People dont understand about depression mental health issues. Nothing can make me smile as I feel hopeless inside.
The only comfort I get is on here as I am able to talk to you folks and I know you all understand
I’m sorry you are going through this and as I personally have been navigating depression for a while I can really relate to what you are saying. It’s hard for people to understand not only because they are not going through it, but also because often they think “oh well others have it worse” or “what can you possibly be sad about?” But the reality is that all of our emotions matter, even though they might be inexplicable and you need to keep telling yourself that. I really recommend seeing a therapist because when you feel like no one understands, at least you can rely on your therapist and that can bring a sense of comfort as well as a way of letting out all you have been feeling and getting treatment for everything. I personally am someone who struggles a lot with explaining their emotions and I have found that a therapist has been helpful, it was hard for me in the beginning to make that decision but what really motivated me was the fact that I wanted to improve not just for myself, but for all the people that I care about.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How annoying to be asked if you are happy when the person knows you are not. Maybe you need to get some distance between you and this friend.