• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fed up with anxiety now....

T

Tired and fed up

I have suffered with anxiety for about 20 years, and every so often i get a really bad spell and cannot go out or eat.
I am only having liquid type foods mainly, does anybody have any tips on how to start eating properly again??
Thanks.

J

Julie41

Hi l feel for you as lm suffering too
I literally feel nauseous most of the time
When I’m having a bad spell
I try a mashed up banana first & drink plenty of water - milk if you can for nutrition- sometimes a poached egg with toast
I really have to push myself to eat
I suffer from anxiety and depression
When lm anxious I can’t eat & when lm depressed l over eat ☹
Hope this helps in some small way
It’s an awful illness & I’m so sick & tired of it too 😘

T

Tired and fed up

I keep trying different foods but anything solid gives me indigestion. I'm currently drinking meal replacement type drinks, jellies and other types of liquidy food.
I get more anxious because I'm not eating and then even more anxious when I try and force myself.
I find when I'm nearly asleep at night I get hungry and can eat a little then.
It feels like unless you have anxiety nobody can understand it, is that how you feel?

J

Julie41

Yep exactly!! My husband said today “you must eat” !! I do actually know this but it’s so easy for others to say who don’t have a clue how you’re feeling
At least you are having nutritional drinks - how do you feel when you have really bad anxiety as I’ve had a miserable day today x

T

Tired and fed up

I'm getting that from people about eating, the most annoying part is I'm actually hungry but I just can't face it.
My anxiety has been bad for a few weeks now and I find I can't concentrate on anything, I want company but I want to be alone.