• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Fears and anxiety

N

Navyblue

I had a sinus infection for about 3 months so that effected my health anxiety and I felt so light headed. Now I have a phobia of fainting has anyone had this? It’s effecting my everyday life I don’t want to got out, can anyone give me any advice please? My anxiety is so bad atm which is annoying because until I got unwell I was going good coping with it

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum, I have put in a link that some people use to help with their anxiety as I use one or two of them. Anxiety for us can be so daunting and then our minds start to race and we see doom and gloom so we need to change our ways to cope.

N

Navyblue

Welcome to the forum, I have put in a link that some people use to help with their anxiety as I use one or two of them. Anxiety for us can be so daunting and then our minds start to race and we see doom and gloom so we need to change our ways to cope.
Hiya thank you I’ll have a look

N

natalie

Hi,

I'm sorry you've experienced that. I also had sinuses infection, which felt to have gone on forweve,r I am better now.

i would call your GP, or contact crisis team attached to community mental health team, and they will come out to you, reassess your anxiety and take plans from there, now the crisis team might well be quicker to have access, than the GPs!

Could you try listening to your music at all, that could well help?

welcome aboard to MHF.

I have different forms of anxieties, not neccessarilh health, I don't have health anxiety.

N

Navyblue

Hi,

I'm sorry you've experienced that. I also had sinuses infection, which felt to have gone on forweve,r I am better now.

i would call your GP, or contact crisis team attached to community mental health team, and they will come out to you, reassess your anxiety and take plans from there, now the crisis team might well be quicker to have access, than the GPs!

Could you try listening to your music at all, that could well help?

welcome aboard to MHF.

I have different forms of anxieties, not neccessarilh health, I don't have health anxiety.
Thanks for your reply, there the worst aren’t they! Im from England will I be able to contact the team?

N

natalie

Hi again,

I've just realised that you could sound out about medication for anxiety, now I take Pregabalin, a form of anxiety med, mention t his when you call GP, or crisis team, just say when referring to your health anxiety and mention one name word, Pregabalin, and check what feedback you might receive.

Now for me, Pregabalin is a marvellous med and I would very much be really lost without it.

I wish you well, and wish you good luck, with the GP or crisis team.

N

natalie

hI,

I think, from memory, if you call up the search engine, put in it, your borough and cmht for short. There will be some types of this coming up, actually no not cmht, put in crisis team for your borough, there ought to be a contact telelphone crisis team number.

If this doesn't work out that way, I would then contact the GP, and seek a urgent referral in, to cmht. It's been solong, I can't actually remember which way to do it.

Your welcom regarding my reply to you.

N

Navyblue

hI,

I think, from memory, if you call up the search engine, put in it, your borough and cmht for short. There will be some types of this coming up, actually no not cmht, put in crisis team for your borough, there ought to be a contact telelphone crisis team number.

If this doesn't work out that way, I would then contact the GP, and seek a urgent referral in, to cmht. It's been solong, I can't actually remember which way to do it.

Your welcom regarding my reply to you.
Thank you! I’ve booked a gp appointment, how did you find the side effects with the medication? I used to be on sertraline and they were awful

N

natalie

Hi,

Your welcome.

Ihadn't don't experience any side affects with Pregabalin at all. Mainly my side affects, from Abiify for other major major mental health components symptons.

I wish you well and luck, for your GP appointment.

Best wishes.