Fearful of females

cmjanuc

cmjanuc

I am a female, but yet I’m terrified by females. When I see them I get terrified. My mother is an extremely mentally abusive person, and I think that’s possibly why but I’m not sure. I don’t hate women, I am just so afraid to talk to them in person. Over the internet it’s okay but when I see them in person I just get terrified they will judge me. I get upset when I see other females.. I don’t know what to do.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I can relate to some of that, only I am a man and it's men that frighten me ... The judging and the possible threatening behaviour of them ... X

cmjanuc

cmjanuc

Exactly how I feel! Sometimes I feel strange about it, but I’m glad someone else understands :)

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

For me, it's strangers of either gender. I personally have a hard time trusting people I don't know irl. On froums is the only way I can open up to people.

T

Tomorrows a new day

Looks like you have developed an irrational fear of women due to your Mothers aggression. I would advice counselling for a start

B

boots46

Counselling with CBT would benefit you greatly. If not try to face your fears slowly, one kind face at a time, then progress to others. Most people are kind but there are people in the world that we just need to be brave around. Can you believe that I shake when I go to parent/teacher meetings?! It takes time to rewire out fears..

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

i would not say i am fearful but scared of what they think of me in its entirety

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mischief Phobia Forum 4