• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fear

B

Briland

Hello I was hoping that someone could help. I suffer with Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This is as a result of being attacked by several men. I live alone except for my two Cats Tigg and Blackie. Because a neighbours cat has been terrorising my cats I had an altercation with my neighbour. I tried to contact and sort it out with my local housing association but was ignored. This because of there lack of understanding of my disability In the end my Psychologist called for a meeting with my housing officer and I asked if I could have a fence in my back garden and also CCTV/intercome at my front door as this would make me feel so safe and the doctor has written to the housing association requesting the adaptation with a very strong letter. And again we are being ignored. Also to add to my dilemma a man was murder just a stone throw away from my home. Should I ask for a OT as all my support team are in agreement with my request

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I'm guessing an Occupational Therapist

D

Dollit

That's what I thought but I can't put an occupational therapist in that context and have it make sense. Maybe they have different roles in other parts of the country.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I'm told they wonn't install CCTV unless it's a hostel

Was thinking of moving into more supportive accomodation, my social worker friend says "at the moment your living with people who should be in supported accomodation, if you moved into supported accomodation you'd be living with people who shoiuld be in hostels"

I know housing assoc aren't responsible to anyone, well there is the housing federation

A lot of these housing officers have very little mental illnesss training, it's wrong considering the no of people housed, if it gets them off the hook they will make out it's your mental illness thats causing you to make an issue of things, sometimes the issue may actually be connected thats the point, there is crime against mentally ill people

T

Twylight

our intercoms weren't working so I E - mailed our local MP

The council had to put in a complete new system

B

Briland

thanks

thanks for info
will see my support team next week.
and will let you all know how I get on