Fear on turning into psychotic

P

Paklom

Hey there,

Im sorry to hear that youre struggling, i am too and tbh i have the exact same problem with you. Ive become obsessed over developing a mental illness like that for six minths now, the fear of losing it. My GP also tells me its anxiety but just like your case, my brain is trying to convince me that it is not. Ive read alot about psychosis and just like what people said here, psychotic people can not tell that they are psychotic(well the majority of them). Yet again, our anxiety will always make us believe otherwise. But tbh your post gave me a bit relief, because its nice to know that youre not alone in this. I hope you recover from it soon, and if you want to discuss it feel free to contact with me.

L

Law1505

Hey there,

Im sorry to hear that youre struggling, i am too and tbh i have the exact same problem with you. Ive become obsessed over developing a mental illness like that for six minths now, the fear of losing it. My GP also tells me its anxiety but just like your case, my brain is trying to convince me that it is not. Ive read alot about psychosis and just like what people said here, psychotic people can not tell that they are psychotic(well the majority of them). Yet again, our anxiety will always make us believe otherwise. But tbh your post gave me a bit relief, because its nice to know that youre not alone in this. I hope you recover from it soon, and if you want to discuss it feel free to contact with me.
Hello! Nice to know that I’m not alone in this. It’s been a year and 3 months since the anxiety started kicking in. The anxiety kicked in less since I stopped drinking alcohol.

How did your anxiety come about?? And when did you realise it’s only anxiety, instead of psychosis?

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Please see a dr, only a dr can diagnose if it's anxiety or psychosis.
Take care

P

Paklom

Hello! Nice to know that I’m not alone in this. It’s been a year and 3 months since the anxiety started kicking in. The anxiety kicked in less since I stopped drinking alcohol.

How did your anxiety come about?? And when did you realise it’s only anxiety, instead of psychosis?

I had anxiety ever since childhood, panic attacks and phobias. But one thing i developed few months ago was intrusive thoughts. That made my anxiety fuel up and started searching what was it.

I realised it was anxiety when i told my symptoms to my GP and he told me its all anxiety, your mind is making things up when there is no need. That reassured for a bit but still my mind is obsessed about it. Therapy worked at first, now its back again.

Are you on a therapy?