• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

fear of working

D

desperate788

Founding Member
I'm about to start a new job, this job is above average and I don't want to waste this oppurtinity because of my fear of working. I have left 3 jobs before in months because I don't like the hiyerarchy, dealing with people at work environment. I even feel strange in the working buildings. What would you advise? An antidepressant is a must I think, which one? thanks..

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Take it a step at a time. Give it at least a month to see if you can cope and get to know people and good luck.
KP

ladyblues

ladyblues

Good luck with the new job...I would suggest that you just take each day as it comes. For the physicall symptoms of nerves you could try something herbal first like rescue remedy, this is said to be very effective and it is made with natural herbs/extracts so had no nasty side effects etc

Boots or other leading chemists have it readily available :)

(I am sure your new boss and colleagues will be very understanding if you express any nerves/worries to them)

Take care

J

jamesdean

Hi,
I take a beta blocker for physical symptons of anxiety my psych wants me to come off it but have been taking them since 1993 n i tried coming off last year but I'm to messed up, I'm not sure if this helps you I know they dont like prescribing it but I cannot so much has open a letter without them,
Good luck with the job JD

S

saffron

Well done for finding a job. you really need to talk to your doctor about this. however, I have similar problems at work and in social settings, when I explained this to my doctor he put me on cipralex which helps your seratonin levels. and helps in the treatment of social anxiety, panic disorder and deep depression.
Best of luck with the new job, I hope it all goes well for you .

S