• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Fear of touching inside my body?

• Thread starter ihavequestionspls
  • Start date
I

ihavequestionspls

So, I couldn't find anything about this on google or here, sorry if I didn't search enough.
For my entire life I've been scared of touching inside my body with my fingers (mouth, nose, ears, genitals). Brushing my teeth or cleaning my ears is fine, but I'm scared of putting my fingers in there. Weirdly enough, I don't really mind when my partner puts his finger in those places; I'm just scared of doing it myself, of feeling what's inside.
When I was a kid, I was terrified of pictures or drawings of human skeletons or organ structure. I don't know where that comes from because I never had any accident or surgery or anything related to that. Nowadays, seeing organs and stuff doesn't affect me, in fact I even draw them. But I'm still disgusted by touching inside me.
The part where it impedes on my daily life is that I'm really scared of going to the dentist, gynecologist, surgery, and any medical stuff that has to do with going in there.
Does anyone else know about this? Is there a name to put on it? I'm curious, and I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world like this.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. A lot of people are afraid of dentists and gynaecologists. Its normal as they often inflict some degree of pain. You have periods I take it so do you have trouble dealing with your periods? That involves some touching of inner places. Do you have trouble with your tongue touching the inside of your mouth? That is touch too.

I don't quite know what to suggest as I don't have this problem, although I do share your fear of dentists. I'm sure you aren't alone though and there must be other people for whom this is a problem.

I

ihavequestionspls

Hiya and welcome to the forum. A lot of people are afraid of dentists and gynaecologists. Its normal as they often inflict some degree of pain. You have periods I take it so do you have trouble dealing with your periods? That involves some touching of inner places. Do you have trouble with your tongue touching the inside of your mouth? That is touch too.

I don't quite know what to suggest as I don't have this problem, although I do share your fear of dentists. I'm sure you aren't alone though and there must be other people for whom this is a problem.
I don't have problems with my periods because I use pads, and no the tongue in my mouth doesn't bother me, however it bothers me for example to go in my mouth with my finger to remove some food that's stuck in my gums or something. The further it goes the more it bothers me

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have never heard of this particular affliction before....how bizarre.

J

jamraspberry

I have this anxiety too but I manage it by slow deep breathing. When you inhale, the anxiety and any pain should go away a bit, it has been working for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Phobia Forum 7
H Phobia Forum 1
J Phobia Forum 7
W Phobia Forum 2
xPhantomThiefx Phobia Forum 1