Fear of strangers

A

aelachi

I’m writing this post with full of hope to find a tiny light and solution for my case.
Its been 4 months for me having those weirdest thoughts about people, i have fears to be surrounded by strangers, then i started to think that what if i started to see those people as a weird creatures, their faces are unfamiliar for me, they are different...and thats keeps me scared 24/7 even now i feel the same towards my family, i look at their faces and say these people are weird creatures...last month i seeked cbt, it worked for a week only, a week i felt super perfect, then anxiety started to hit and rise again, and now im prisoner to my thoughts which makes the idea of people being weird 24/7 on my head...here in my country i cant find a good cbt, has any1 faced the same? And what did he do? Do you recommend any online cbt?
Im daily suffering at work and at home :(

A

aelachi

By the this issue started 4 years back as a thought of “what if i started to see people as strangers” it stayed for two years till it vanished by it self. Now after two years of being fine it headed up with more intense thoughts. During the first two years i tried
Prozac, cipralex, cymbalta, tofranil, zoloft, and anafranil. Nothing worked....

G

goodgollymiss

Your guardian angel is protecting you. You just need time to acclimatize . Those people are just being themselves and maybe it just is not cutting it. If you are more enlightened , you dont have to be scared of them. If they are trying to scare you, realize that there are boundaries and mean faces should just be comical or something to be pitied.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

السلام عليكم
Hi @aelachi and welcome to the forum 🙂

I am very sorry you feel that way.
Try distracting yourself from those thoughts as much as possible. Those thoughts are irrational and remember that there’s no way that people will just shift into weird creatures. You’re not going to see them other than what they appear.

Have you been diagnosed?

There are 2 medications that you might want to discus with your psychiatrist. The first one is fluvoxamine and the second one is Escitalopram. I’m not a doctor or a pharmacist 🙂 but I’ve had a long history of dealing with anxiety depression, POCD and intrusive thoughts. Ask your doctor and see what he/she thinks.

What you explained sounds like those are intrusive disturbing thoughts.

If you need to talk to someone, you can always post here or pm if you like.

I hope you feel better

A

aelachi

I appreciate your responses, made me a bit calm, i will surely discuss the medications (fluvoxamine and Escitalopram) with my psychiatrist, i hope those will help me out.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I appreciate your responses, made me a bit calm, i will surely discuss the medications (fluvoxamine and Escitalopram) with my psychiatrist, i hope those will help me out.
I wish you the best and I am happy to help anytime.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Social Anxiety Forum 9