Fear of losing a loved one

G

Gerty6046

For the past 7 weeks I have suffered depression and anxiety since finding out my husband has some problem with his heart. He had heart attack 14 years ago but was mild. But recently found a problem with it so having tests .
We also have a son and 2 daughters who have had issues with health. Son had leukemia and then hep can through transfusion but is fine now. Both daughters had epilepsy but seem ok now. But I am terrified of losing them.
There is a lot more happened in my life but would take all day to write.

F

Forevertrying

For the past 7 weeks I have suffered depression and anxiety since finding out my husband has some problem with his heart. He had heart attack 14 years ago but was mild. But recently found a problem with it so having tests .
We also have a son and 2 daughters who have had issues with health. Son had leukemia and then hep can through transfusion but is fine now. Both daughters had epilepsy but seem ok now. But I am terrified of losing them.
There is a lot more happened in my life but would take all day to write.
Hi, You really have gone through alot , so its understandable that you have these fears . I am a mum too and you are not alone , so I am so happy your talking through your feelings. Keep talking.

:)

G

Gerty6046

Like I said earlier a lot has gone on in my life but can only talk about a couple of things at a time as I always start crying.
When I was 7 I was sexually abused by my dad's friend and when I told my mum she said I should feel sorry for him as he had just lost his wife. Then at 15 raped by a boy and never told anyone as thought it was pointless.

F

Forevertrying

Like I said earlier a lot has gone on in my life but can only talk about a couple of things at a time as I always start crying.
When I was 7 I was sexually abused by my dad's friend and when I told my mum she said I should feel sorry for him as he had just lost his wife. Then at 15 raped by a boy and never told anyone as thought it was pointless.
im so sorry your mum reacted that way i assure u thats not how all mums react, its not useless gerty i feel your pain.

Last edited:
F

Forevertrying

my heart hurts for u there is no excuse, lost his wife his dog his cat. no excuse

F

Forevertrying

i think this responce was for another post oops

R

Rasty

That's terrible

I am so sorry you had to go through all that! It is amazing that you've still turned out to be the person that you have, you have a family. Those people who harassed you and dismissed you... they are terrible. No excuse for them. They can give all the money in the world for charity, whatever, it does not wash away their sins in my eyes. I'm legit angry at them.

Be strong! And if you tell your story one-by-one, we are here to listen. However you feel.

I am sorry for the health problems your family has gone /is going through. I hope it will be okay soon. It's on the doctors, and the condition. You probably know what you can do to make it better and what is out of your control. It is very difficult if not impossible to just "not care" about factors that you have no control over, but maybe try to calm down about those, and focus on the things you can actively influence.

Hugs!

G

Gerty6046

Feeling a little bit more hopeful about future with knowing I'm not alone and the kind words so thank you for being there