• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

fear of heart attack

ABsea

ABsea

This has been going on for a few weeks now maybe longer. One day i just couldn't finish my one a day coffee because i felt like i was dying. I still cant. Im scared to smoke or have coffee because i think i will die. Ive been so pumped lately. Talking fast mind racing some days i even feel much taller. Im twitchy and freaked out about my heart. Right now its not as bad as last week but I'm still very uncomfortable. I cant leave any room without my phone in case i need to call an ambulance. Because if I drop dead no one would know. What is wrong with me? I just want to be normal now.

Kerome

Kerome

First of all I'd try and have comforting things like a phone close by, just to feel a little better. I find smells can have a calming effect too, like lavender. Then maybe try some distraction techniques, music, reading, a bath, whatever helps. Or keep talking, often that helps too.

Not sure what to suggest, I'm not that familiar with anxiety. Maybe someone else will jump in.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I think kerome has offered some good advice, distraction, soothing and grounding yourself are all the right things to do.
Do you fear a heart attack because of physical symptoms or you just fear it will happen?

nonotme

nonotme

I just want to be normal now.
snap and have done for over a decade now. I would speak to your GP about this, if you are panicking this is going to set your heart of racing and you will just feel worse. get him to do you a ECG (?) and put your mind at rest.

ABsea

ABsea

I had some tests done few months ago he said I'm healthy but they found a minor something in my heart he said probably nothing but ordered more tests to be sure (currently waiting to go back in April) i think i have physical symptoms but i dont know if its from the anxiety or if they're real. Like my arm tingling and aching, foot aching heart palpitations short of breath dizzy.. almost every day now!

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

My anxiety symptoms were constant 24/7, the pains in my chest would wake me at night even. It's always better to be safe than sorry, sounds like anxiety but that won't put your mind at rest - an ECG at the doctors will!

ABsea

ABsea

The ECG test is how they found the minor (whatever it was) he said he didn't know yet. I had a heart monitor/treadmill test and haven't heard anything since (assuming that's good right?)
I feel a bit better today, didn't have any caffeine. Tbh i think that must be it. Some days it just really affects me. I only ever have one a day!
I feel weird still.. there's this strange buzzing in my head only when I'm home alone. Am i finally losing my shit?

S

sadgirl

Hi I could of written this post almost it's a scarey place isn't it! Have to keep on reminding yourself to breath telling yourself that it would be alright when in fact you don't really believe it getting worried and anxious over every little ain that you have in your chest

ABsea

ABsea

I really think its the caffeine.. today i had a tiny cup of coffee and its starting again. Why do i do this!! How can i suddenly be so sensitive? I feel crazy. I dont know what to do i need to go run a few miles or something

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anxiety Forum 4
S Anxiety Forum 3
A Anxiety Forum 4
L Anxiety Forum 4
W Anxiety Forum 9