• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Fear of HEARING voices

nenexx

nenexx

Well I would say it is fear of hearing voices because I hear thoughts sometimes that distract me. For example these thoughts doesn't mean a thing, doesn't say a thing to me but one thought just comes in my mind and I am afraid that it isn't normal and that Im gonna go nuts, so I start panicking and my heart starts beating because I have fear of schizophrenia even if my psychiatrist told me that it isn't schizophrenia but i am still scared because sometimes I 'll be reading something and I will be distracted for a second with these thoughts which don't have a clue.
Also when I am falling a sleep I hear thoughts clear and I am making dialogues with them myself, it is annoying... I know that everything is in the head but sometimes i feel i heard something and then when i try to see hear sound again i dont hear anything, basically i have fear of hearing voices and my mind works 300 miles an hour...............

How can I prove to my self that this isn't schizophrenia because every test that i did i negative, my friends told me that i dont have it, my psychiatrist told me that i dont have it...

W

wellness

Well if your psychiatrist told you you don't have it ..... you may be fine then ... what you describe is racing thoughts .... perhaps another consult with the psychiatrist to explain this racing thoughts might help ....

nenexx

nenexx

I will, he is so sure that everything is fine find me that he told me to meet him again for 40 days, and during that period I should be taking xanax 0.5 mg daily.

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
According to the statistics cited in the book Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience, by John Watkins, nearly 50% of a given population has heard at least one disembodied voice in their life. There is nothing abnormal or to be scared of about voice hearing, in and of itself. I have heard them on and off for over 20 years, sometimes what I hear is extremely useful, other times it is just BS. It can be an irritation and get in the way, but somethings in life are irritating. Hearing voices (internally or externally) prior to, or as waking up is one of the most common of all voice hearing perceptions. Being scared of something as normal as voice hearing, is more so a sign of a lack of knowledge than of 'schizophrenia'. The terms 'schizophrenia' and 'schzophrenic' are culturally aligned name calling that is actually useless, outdated and reflects more of a screwed up society and psuedo scientific convention than an actually lab proven condition.

nenexx

nenexx

According to the statistics cited in the book Hearing Voices: A Common Human Experience, by John Watkins, nearly 50% of a given population has heard at least one disembodied voice in their life. There is nothing abnormal or to be scared of about voice hearing, in and of itself. I have heard them on and off for over 20 years, sometimes what I hear is extremely useful, other times it is just BS. It can be an irritation and get in the way, but somethings in life are irritating. Hearing voices (internally or externally) prior to, or as waking up is one of the most common of all voice hearing perceptions. Being scared of something as normal as voice hearing, is more so a sign of a lack of knowledge than of 'schizophrenia'. The terms 'schizophrenia' and 'schzophrenic' are culturally aligned name calling that is actually useless, outdated and reflects more of a screwed up society and psuedo scientific convention than an actually lab proven condition.
So what is your diagnosis?
And what do you think, do I have it?

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Being called a name has never actually helped me in any way what-so-ever.

The psuedo doctors called "psychiatrists' get together every so often and Vote on such things, it has very little to do with science or with resolving the issues other than glorified drug dealing.

I think you are a human being having a common human experience with perceptions that others either dismiss or pretend they don't experience, to blend in with a group of people that are mostly in denial.

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Denying your own humanity, is the first step toward becoming INHUMANE. My advice is to stop fretting about it and acquire helpful knowledge, like how to turn a rather neat experience into something that helps you and those you care about.

W

wellness

The current Psychiatric diagnosis are very inaccurate and subjective !
Since I became infected with The Voices over 30 years ago I have been labelled both with Schizophrenia as well as by some as Bipolar Disorder.
Does it matter to me in my daily living ? NO -- in the end it is just another label.
But it is important to have the INSIGHT into your symptoms .... What is it that you are experiencing.
The ONLY symptom that I have had and having is "The Voices" -- all else is nice and good and healthy .... which makes me think that a lot of us need a neutral diagnosis of just "The Voices" ....

nenexx

nenexx

Well if you only had voices they wouldnt be able to diagnose you with schizophrenia, because you would need one more symptom, such as delusion.
Does this voices sound external, real or are they in head?

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well if you only had voices they wouldnt be able to diagnose you with schizophrenia, because you would need one more symptom, such as delusion.
Does this voices sound external, real or are they in head?
That's were you are wrong. I know tons of people that hear voices and that is it and were dragged through the system and drugged to the point they started developing traits of abuse survivors and severe drug addiction.

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Additionally, to a psychiatrist that is an atheist, a persons religious beliefs are easily classified as 'Delusional'. So say a person hears his dead mother talking to him on occasion, believes she is heaven with jesus or whomever and reports this to a psychiatrist because some of the things his mother says to him are disturbing..... VOILA... he gets labled a schizophrenic by the atheist tard pseudo doctor and put on a life time regiment of body and brain damaging chemicals (to 'remove' his symptoms). If he went down the street to the church, mosque, synagog, or god forbid a hearing voices meeting, he might have been able to incorporate what was happening and understand it as a special talent, instead of burying it under chemical restraints and later dying of chemically induced dementia (an actual bodily disease)..

W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
By the way, xanax is a benzo, in the same sports arena of klonopin, valium and other highly addictive chemicals in our most excellent of civilizations. Mostly created by moving one molecule in an alcohol chain and patening it as widget to get rich from. Its one of those drugs that, 'one is never enough, and to much might do the "trick"'. Plus, they like to kick you off of them, and then diagnose your withdrawal and pile on more fun candies, to keep you in the neighborhood, as it were.

nenexx

nenexx

Doctors are they to help you, not to harm you. Why would they harm you?

Last edited by a moderator:
W

whiskers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
doctors are they to help you, not to harm you. Why would they harm you?
To a certain extent I agree that most psychiatrists and nurse practitioners have very little knowledge about us or the chemicals they put in us or their long term side effects and the harm they do. In emergency situations, an anti-psychotic or a sedative can save a life. But as long term treatment, there is ample evidence they are harmful. Unfortunately, most psychiatrists and nurse practitioners, are guided by pharma company literature and essentially marketer recommendations, there is hardly any information provided about how to get off the medications and a lot of money is being made at tax payer and personal expense of sufferers every step along the way.

Its very dirty.