• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Fear of FAILURE

Q

Quietman5

failure is the one word that adequately describes me. Unfortunately I am fearful that i will not be able to overcome my next epic failure and then it’s over. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

Failure is a necessity if we don't fail at things we never really learn because we're just in our comfort zone. Failure is natural as well so its better to accept it, learn from it, and then grow to be better. Everyone fails so its also nothing to be ashamed of we've all been through it. Iv failed so many people, tests, tasks, etc. but you know what's worse than failure, never trying in the first place because of the fear of failure. Its much better to say I tried and failed than to say iv never tried because I didn't want to fail. Aswell by taking risks where failure is a possibility so is success, it's 50 50.

Start believing in yourself, you are strong and capable and I believe in you

K

Kittylove

Hi. We will eventually fail at something. You just have to persevere and stay strong. You will overcome it.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Failing can be a lot of fun and can bring a refreshing outlook on life.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

The problem with having a irrational fear of failure is that in many ways its also a fear of being inadequate - that is, that the reason you're failing is because you're not good enough. So having a fear of failure naturally means that you might try things less, because that way you're less likely to see that perceived inadequacy. In essence, as with many fears, it's about removing an uncomfortable feeling.

The key to overcoming fear of failure is to become comfortable with it. It sounds weird at first, but it's natural if you think about it. If humans aren't perfect, then by definition we all have flaws and make mistakes, and thus 'fail' in some way. You're not going to get 100% every time, so don't let the chance of failure deter you from the chance of success and growth. You might not feel inadequate and anxious if you don't try things, but you also miss out on growing as a person and learning more about yourself and the world. There's lots of info online about how to be comfortable with failure - defo recommend you check that out, I think it would really help you out x

P

Purpleplum

If you think you'll fail then you probably will and vice versa. You body wants to prove your mind is right. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You need to change those thoughts and you'll see less failures.

Debo

Debo

I think part of my agoraphobia comes from my fear of making mistakes I can’t recover from. I know I’m not the failure my family would like me to believe I am, but I feel like I can’t afford to hand them any more ammunition.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Failing can be so much fun. Only the conditioned mind feels it is not useful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Phobia Forum 1
J Phobia Forum 7
I Phobia Forum 4
W Phobia Forum 2
xPhantomThiefx Phobia Forum 1