• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fear of bugs.

• Thread starter dabearwiffdasammich
  • Start date
dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

I hate bugs. They make me so uncomfortable and I get them in my apartment from time to time. Tonight, (it is currently 340am and I'd love to be asleep but I'm not sure I can) I found a stink bug on the tapestry above my bed. I have no idea how I even saw it, but I did. After running from it, I decided I'd try and kill it. and I did kill it. that went mostly okay. I got the magazine I killed it with and threw it in the trash. I did it.

Ive stayed up for about an hour after killing it.

I went to finally go lay down so I could sleep...and I see a lady bug flying around. It was on the ceiling and I used an old shirt that was on the floor to whip it, and after that I have no idea where it is. I can't handle these bugs getting into my place. as soon as I don't have bugs for a while and I'm just comfortable enough, they come back. this time of year is really bad in my area for bugs. I plan on getting a thing you put on the bottom of your door to hopefully help with bugs. a door sweep I think it's called. and a cover for the wall ac unit, and probably even plastic wrap for the windows (a real thing we do here in late fall/winter!! it helps with heating costs!!)

bpd2020

bpd2020

I too fear bugs. My flat has a problem with mozzies. They buzz in my ear and the noise goes right through me. I am sorry your home has bugs. It is horrible. I hope the door sweep and cover will help prevent them from coming inside.

EdEd

EdEd

Those stink bugs are everywhere out here my friend.. I dont like any flying insects.. but I'm highly allergic to bees and I feel like they have an unfair advantage flying around with a spike on its butt.. pfft. So not fair. Bees could seriously disappear for all I care.. I know they're important but when it comes face to face with them I waver.. eesh.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I found a brown recluse in my living room. I have a “bug cage” and scooped him up. I put him in the back yard.

EdEd

EdEd

Spiders dont bother me , they've never been a threat to me and I cant recall anytime they've bit me..

EdEd

EdEd

No doubt , these stink bugs are the most prevelant out here..what is it where you're out? The most common bug aside from flies and ants.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

I hate bugs too and sadly we can't keep the roaches out even though I clean everyday
When we move I plan to make sure none are taken along. I cant stand it. I hate stink bugs they are a issues in Indy as well and bees and wasps

I found a brown recluse in my living room. I have a “bug cage” and scooped him up. I put him in the back yard.
Spiders dont bother me , they've never been a threat to me and I cant recall anytime they've bit me..
My sister and father got bit by brown recluse. My dad was fishing and it bit his neck and my sister got bit on the leg while under a tree.

I have only been bit by a grass spider it hurt. Where I'm living the spider you have to worry about is the hobo spider and they are more aggressive than the recluse and just as venomous.

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

I'm also afraid of bugs, they make me so scarred. I was afraid of butterflies when I was a kid. Now I don't but seeing a one close to me, not to mention sitting on me I don't feel much comfortable.

Faith198

Faith198

Not a fan of bugs. I can deal with really tiny ones but anything as big as a quarter or bigger really scares me. Enough to the point where I am afraid to sleep. I had a wolf spider in my house once, I’ll never forget it

R

Rex Smith

Don't be this guy. Did you hear about the guy that burned down his house because of a spider?