Fear of being sick in public

S

Sam1986

Not a fear of being sick... actually being sick on my own , in private, doesn't particularly bother me... it's just in public.. In front of people.
It becomes a viscous cycle... fear of being sick in front of people.. makes me feel sick... makes me want to avoid places where I can get trapped and not get outside.
I know there is such a thing as an actual vomiting phobia.. but trying to explain to my doctor years ago that this wasnt the case, she looked at me like I had 3 heads! So since then I TRY and hide this or mostly just avoid places I know will trigger the feeling.. or make excuses. If I know i have got to go somewhere public that's going to set me off... I try not to eat so I have nothing to throw up. Like today for example... I'm having to starve myself just to go to the doctors. If I know where the toilets are and they are within quick access.. it eases it... slightly.

I'm not talking just a little bit scared either, this is gut wrenching fear.
Does anyone else suffer anything like this??

S

stump

I've experienced similar feelings during bouts of paranoia. Have you discussed this issue with different doctors?

O

ozma aveisan

Tell me about it. I have emetophobia for years now. I am terrified of being sick in general. And in front of public is even worse. I rarely,almost never take public transport and scared to eat in public and out. Its very hard to deal wit every day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cmjanuc Phobia Forum 6
mischief Phobia Forum 4
D Phobia Forum 1
L Phobia Forum 4
Jessica89 Phobia Forum 1