• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fear of being alone

T

TOONAFISH

I am hardly ever on my own, and i avoid doing so at all costs. I have even kept my daughter of playgroup so i have company. I know at nights that i hate being alone as i am terrified of the dark and creepy stuff so have to take valium and go to bed at 9. but through the day?? it is gettin rediculous.

does anyone else feel like this in the slightest or understand why i mite.
i would like to tackle it but not sure where to start.

i have the kids in most nights im just wondering what i will do when they grow up and go out for the evening lol x

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

i freak out when I'm on my own, I get very nervous and anxious and afraid. However this is only if I know no one is coming home. If I know there will be someone coming home at a certain time I am ok. If they are coming home very late I still get anxious. I told my mum and she just says 'o don't be silly!' and laughs, she thinks its childishness, because I'm only 20, so does anyone else I've told :redface:

?

>.<

Omg I get this. When I'm upset, I can't take being alone, and it really annoys everyone around me. Cos I say horrible things when I'm sad, so it tends to be "You dont love me, your trying to hurt me, you don't care, your so horrible to me" "Fine, I'll go then" "NO please don't leave me:(" :/

S

suki1066

hi toonafish, i dont know if you think this is a daft reply..... but have you considered having a dog??? i do and find him great to come home to when nobody is in, and when im on my own...im not if you understand, now i dont have BP my dd does, ( so i get a birds eye view ) so im allways on here for information. but im scared to be on my own for other reasons, but being scared is being scared. when im down i take him out and im not alone, coz i did used to feel a bit weired just walking on my own, lol. just a thourght xx

T

TOONAFISH

hiya thanks for your replies

i do have a dog and she is great. before my last episode in hosp we were such good friends always out jsut the two of us. now i dont feel the same, i still feel lonley. i have to do something about it. im getting worse than ever.

but you have reminded me how much i love my dog x