• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Fear my boyfriend and friend are up to something, am I just paranoid?

• Thread starter Sapphirepenguin9900
  • Start date
S

Sapphirepenguin9900

things just keep getting worse. He woke up today with a dry throat feeling achy and dizzy and said he keeps shaking. So now he has to have a covid test. Obviously I’m assuming the worse, minds racing on “how” he could of caught it. You can probably guess what I’m thinking but I’m trying to stay calm.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

He had his test this morning, should get the results tomorrow. I'm still full of anxiety, he hasn't replied to or even viewed the message I sent to him on facebook on saturday. We have been talking on snapchat but we normally talking on both. Recently he has suddenly not been replying on facebook for a day or so but never this long really. It is making me anxious thinking he is signed into a different account to talk to her. Can't concentrate on anything else, I just need a reply feels like my head is going to explode.

J

JeanPierre

He had his test this morning, should get the results tomorrow. I'm still full of anxiety, he hasn't replied to or even viewed the message I sent to him on facebook on saturday. We have been talking on snapchat but we normally talking on both. Recently he has suddenly not been replying on facebook for a day or so but never this long really. It is making me anxious thinking he is signed into a different account to talk to her. Can't concentrate on anything else, I just need a reply feels like my head is going to explode.
You need to stop yourself to some degree.
You are in control here. You.
Take your control and step back, look at this problem.
At this point it doesn't even matter about them.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

You need to stop yourself to some degree.
You are in control here. You.
Take your control and step back, look at this problem.
At this point it doesn't even matter about them.
I just dont know what to do anymore

Book addict

Book addict

If you genuinely believe he is cheating on you with your friend, then why are you still with him...? Stop trying to dig up "evidence", either get rid of him or take a step back and look at the situation properly, could it just be paranoia and your own insecurity making you overthink and read too much into things? I don't mean to sound harsh, so I really hope you don't take it that way. I'm just concerned that you'll make yourself seriously ill if you let this situation and these thoughts continue. ❤

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

I don't understand, I keep seeing my other friends (best friend of friend of was worried about) active status match up exactly with my boyfriends. For example he will wake up, she hasn't been online in like 2 hours then sudden it says "active 2 minutes ago" on both of them. Then 10 minutes later they both come back online at the same time. You would of thought I would think they were talking, but in my head I'm trying to work out if this means they are both my friend and boyfriend talking to the other friend at the same time and its driving me mad. I don't see how its a coincidence, he is either talking to her (friend two) or they are both talking to friend one simultaneously. which would mean my friend only replies to her best friend when she replies to my boyfriend which makes no sense but no one elses active statues match up all time like this and I know if she receives a message it puts her online but I don't even think those two friends talk on facebook just text so it makes no sense. I'm starting to wonder if Facebook is just glitching or something but that makes no sense either.

Miho

Miho

How did the covid test go?

Please take a step back. As mentioned before you need to look after yourself.
Have you talked with your boyfriend or your friend about it? There can be so many reasons for this happening or it could be nothing.
But this is not helping you. And you matter to this community.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

How did the covid test go?

Please take a step back. As mentioned before you need to look after yourself.
Have you talked with your boyfriend or your friend about it? There can be so many reasons for this happening or it could be nothing.
But this is not helping you. And you matter to this community.
I spoke to my friend about it yes. Twice I asked her if she is talking to him she said no. Said a load of stuff about she wouldn’t do that, if he messaged her she would tell me, he isn’t her type etc and got upset I even asked. I asked the other friend (best friend of said friend) she said that friend would never do that and she promised me nothing is happening because she just knows that friend wouldn’t do that this is the friend I now keep seeing active the same time as my boyfriend. I briefly mentioned it to my boyfriend by saying “I see so and so added you on Facebook” and he said “yeah that was odd” I didn’t really want to press further with him because I felt no matter what he said I’d probably find a way to overthink it in my head and make it seem like he was definitely talking to her. Covid test was negative.

Miho

Miho

I dont have the solution. But I do agree with what the others wrote. This can make you very ill. Have you made an appointment with your GP?
I far this might snowball into something that can be real unhealthy.

Book addict

Book addict

If you've asked all concerned and they've denied anything is happening, then you may have to accept that you are overthinking these random occurrences and try and seek some help for yourself. Obsessing over this is not going to help you, at all. Not only will it make you extremely ill, it could result in you losing your boyfriend and friends with this constant lack of trust and suspicion. It's not healthy for you to carry on like this. ❤

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

If you've asked all concerned and they've denied anything is happening, then you may have to accept that you are overthinking these random occurrences and try and seek some help for yourself. Obsessing over this is not going to help you, at all. Not only will it make you extremely ill, it could result in you losing your boyfriend and friends with this constant lack of trust and suspicion. It's not healthy for you to carry on like this. ❤
I just don’t get how them being online every time together is a coincidence. He comes online 2 minutes she does. I literally know it will happen, isn’t that a pattern? I’m literally sat here crying right now because I don’t understand why the people closest to me would do this.