• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Fatigue and Agoraphobia

S

SleepeeSam

Hey guys, my name is Sam and i have been suffering from agoraphobia for about 10 years now and just recently its been the worst its ever been so i had to quit my job and have been going through recovery, but i noticed my panic and agoraphobia gets really bad if im fatigued or didnt sleep well and was wondering if anyone elses panic disorder is at its worst when they feel very tired, this seems like it makes sense, but i just wanted to hear it from someone else

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AuraSunset

Hi Sam. I'm also a severe long term agoraphobia sufferer. I can't really comment on how tiredness affects me going out because I don't go out anymore and haven't for a long time. But being over tired definitely does affect my anxiety level and thought patterns when I'm indoors. I find I have the most damaging, illogical and pessimistic thoughts when I haven't slept in a while.

P

pollypocket88

Hi ya I suffer with bad anxiety along with other illnesses but anxiety And ocd really took over my life and got worst and worst I went into crisis I also didn’t leave my house wasn’t able to work . I’m so thankful to the home based treatment team they put me on quatiapine also with my sertraline was also prescribed some diazepan to take when I’m having a really bad day . I must admit the quatiapine really has helped me it’s made me be able to sleep well sleep abit too much but I’m still getting used to it . Since being on it I have been able to pop outside and feel
Abit better it’s given me hope that I can be like how I was before mental illness took over my life .