• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

family

Zentangle

Zentangle

My partner and my family don't get on but they tolerate each other because of me. My partner looks after me and my family just don't understand what he has to put up with. Mum was my carer
but we swapped it round because she wasn't even helping me. We've been on holidays with my family and don't get on and even at home they argue. But once my gran came to mine and I was a wreck and she asked my partner what was wrong so he said this is what's wrong with me. They argues coa he said it was all from my childhood. She got mad and they threatens each other. After then he's only seen her at my mums and hardly spoke. But tomorrow is her birthday and he wants to go with me but my uncle lives with my gran and told me he don't want him near the house. So what do I say now. I'm stuck. Because he doaent no they feel this wy x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

If you can't go don't go. Meet in a neutral place.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Is there no way you can explain to him that your Gran was upset about the comments he made and that you think it's best if you go alone to avoid any confrontation?
I'm sorry you're in this situation.. it sounds like you're stuck and no matter what you do someone won't be happy. :hug1:

Zentangle

Zentangle

I've text my gran to see what she would say if he turned upwith me. I'm dreading it. If she won't let him them I will just drop it off or give its sister to take her grans preasant x

Zentangle

Zentangle

Got a reply from my gran. She said come on my own. I feel like hurting myself so much now

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey Zentangle, only just seen this reply.
How did it go? Are you ok? xx

Zentangle

Zentangle

hey. he dropped me off and didn't stay. felt at ease. but even then when I did turn up at grans she still had her little dig at me. made me feel shit. and I'm still feeling horrible x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Memememememememe People 11