• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Family members struggling with MH

W

WutheringHeights

Most of my family members are struggling with their mental health or were severely struggling in the past and I'm no exception. At least in my immediate family, it's difficult to find even one balanced person. I wonder if it's a common thing for you too and how do you deal with it. Unfortunately in my case MH it's a very "taboo" topic, until things are starting to fall apart...I wish to go to therapy but I have to find ways to keep it hidden because I don't want to be judged.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I have noticed mental illness does seem to run in families. I know my grandfather was in hospital with a nervous break down. My mum has anxiety and used to have depression. Despite this she is not understanding of mental illness and believes it can be ignored. I am so sorry it is so taboo for you. I am sure you could attend therapy without anybody finding out. You could just say you are going for a walk. I found therapy to be the most beneficial thing to me.