Family coming down

A

amdes

Hey everyone,
So it’s Christmas next week and my grandparents will be coming down for two weeks. I’m very excited but I noticed it’s also been stressing me out. I’ve been falling back into some old rituals & losing weight. I love them but I hate when they make comments on how thin I am, or say I look sick or try to force me to eat when I don’t want to. I know they only do it because they care but it’s very stressful for me because when I feel bad, I fight back even harder in other ways. If anybody has any tips on how to better deal with family that you haven’t seen in a while or family gatherings, I’d be so grateful.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Aargh family at Christmas! You love them but you can't cope with them either. Do they know you have an ED? If not then a quick note to them explaining that the last thing they should do is suggest food to you like that and that you are dealing with it. I don't know if that would help or not. It depends how open you want to be with them about your problems.

I think telling them in some way that nagging you is the worst thing to do, might help. Straight out, "I know I'm thin, please don't say anything about it and lets all just enjoy ourselves" sort of thing. Would that work?