• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

family against me and my wife getting married.

H

haystack

I learned through my sister that they are not happy that we got married...too late now...just have to see what that means when I see my mom on friday for lunch...

JessisMe

JessisMe

I learned through my sister that they are not happy that we got married...too late now...just have to see what that means when I see my mom on friday for lunch...
Maybe they will choose to respect your decision and come to accept it with time. xo, j

H

haystack

@SoftRain it's complicated...I'm 59 but rely on my mom for certain bills I get that I can't afford and stuff like that...I need her support...she is still meeting me for lunch so I guess she's accepted it but I don't look forward to hearing her side of it...there is a large inheritance I am supposed to get when she dies and maybe it's about that..I hope not...it would crush my wife.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i think as long as you are happy is all that matters ,im sorry you rely on family financially
that must make things difficult ,it would be nice if they liked her but its your life and your choice who you marry
as long as you are both happy ,is all that matters x