• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

False memory from childhood?

O

oliein

I feel like I am going insane for thinking of this but my head has been hurting and I've lost sleep to this. So I keep having this random memory of me being sexual with a cat when I was a child, but its fuzzy and I only remember one thing from it. I was almost molested so I have no idea if that does anything. I think it was near the same time, I'm not too sure. I feel so guilty, my mind is going in circles I feel like I don't deserve to show my emotions because what if it is real? How can I live with this? Please help me I feel like I'm so messed up in the head.

K

kVROB

I feel like I am going insane for thinking of this but my head has been hurting and I've lost sleep to this. So I keep having this random memory of me being sexual with a cat when I was a child, but its fuzzy and I only remember one thing from it. I was almost molested so I have no idea if that does anything. I think it was near the same time, I'm not too sure. I feel so guilty, my mind is going in circles I feel like I don't deserve to show my emotions because what if it is real? How can I live with this? Please help me I feel like I'm so messed up in the head.
Hi Oliein,
Sorry your having disturbing thought or false memories, I believe I have a couple myself. About five years before Before my Schizoaffective diagnosis, I have a very clear memory of a very intense, life changing ( at least to me) conversation with my husband. My nineteen year old son was present and I have ask him about this a time or two and he doesn’t remember this. It’s not something you would forget too easy but my husband said it never happened. During my psychosis, many memories came to mind or I was reminded of them by voices, now I’m not sure they are real or not. I can’t be convinced the conversation w my son and husband didn’t happen, I just don’t think remember it even though they swear by it. The voices have gone for now, I still suffer with instructive thoughts on a daily basis. I get the feeling of being messed up in the head, these thoughts are not any that I would ever have, some are horrible. Hope this might help, I know the struggle