• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

falling out with friends

W

william

hey im new to the forum :)

ive been on anti depressants for four years now and i thought i would join up and see if anyone can help me out. i cant stop thinking about past things that happen to me, even no i keep telling myself there not worth thinking about. its like i get angry when i think of these things and i get anxiety then :(.

its as if i cant control my thoughts or some thing, i dont no maybe its just that im depressed

A

Ainsworth

hey William :)

it does sound like depression, do you think your meds are helping you? have you been to the doctors recently? you may need some type of counselling to get your thoughts out safely

takecare x

Q

quality factor

Hi william and :welcome: to the forum, hope
you find it friendly and supportive.

Thinking a lot or as it is known, ruminating, is a common sign of depression.
It would be good if you could get in to the mind-set of challenging these thoughts and try some positive thinking. It is a hard thing to do and needs working at. Hopefully with practise your mind may become easier. You cannot change the past, so try and put the effort into thinking of the future.

Good luck, QF.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Four years seems a long while with nothiong other than medication.

Saying that I was on and off it for 9 years before I saw someone other than a gp

W

william

hey William :)

it does sound like depression, do you think your meds are helping you? have you been to the doctors recently? you may need some type of counselling to get your thoughts out safely

takecare x
i dont think the med is helping much. ive made appointment to see the doctors this week so hopefully i get something sorted.

been to counselling once a few years back, think i'll go back again.

W

william

Hi william and :welcome: to the forum, hope
you find it friendly and supportive.

Thinking a lot or as it is known, ruminating, is a common sign of depression.
It would be good if you could get in to the mind-set of challenging these thoughts and try some positive thinking. It is a hard thing to do and needs working at. Hopefully with practise your mind may become easier. You cannot change the past, so try and put the effort into thinking of the future.

Good luck, QF.
must try that out. good advice cheers :)

A

Ainsworth

goodluck with whatever you decide to do William, let us know how you get on (y)

A

Apotheosis

You cannot change the past, so try and put the effort into thinking of the future.
How about living in the present?

[YOUTUBE]
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPg9DnMP2D4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPg9DnMP2D4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​