Fake Psychosis Awareness - Recovery in the Bin

L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Fake Psychosis Awareness! – recovery in the bin

Sarcastic and possibly offensive to some.

"A psychiatrist on social media said “it is important to differentiate between ‘real’ pseudo’ and ‘fake’ psychosis”. This psychiatrist claims to be able to do this! It is important because otherwise fake psychotics will get diabetes!"

On a more serious note I have heard that Ian Brady faked paranoid schizophrenia and I certainly don't know anyone with it that would do what he did, but he has helped to tarnish every genuine sufferers' name with the fake(?) diagnosis.

I must say that psychiatrists do have a tendency to overdiagnose schizophrenia, as shown by the famous Rosenhan studies.

Billions of dollars made in the sale of antipsychotics can't be wrong, surely? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kerome

Kerome

Quite amusing...

Rosenhan experiment - Wikipedia

Despite constantly and openly taking extensive notes on the behavior of the staff and other patients, none of the pseudopatients were identified as impostors by the hospital staff, although many of the other psychiatric patients seemed to be able to correctly identify them as impostors. In the first three hospitalizations, 35 of the total of 118 patients expressed a suspicion that the pseudopatients were sane, with some suggesting that the patients were researchers or journalists investigating the hospital.

Last edited:
L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's a great example of 'lack of insight' from the other psychiatric patients for you.. says it all.

T

thejester

are you for fscking real folie.brady was narcissitic sociopath.your thinking of petet sucliffe the yorkshire ripper.cretin!

L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I might be a cretin but Brady was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia by 'experts' and I always thought he was a psychopath who faked the symptoms of it. I never said I thought he had schizophrenia.

But you can believe what you like, everyone else does.

T

thejester

i rarely go off my own opinion.iam a scientist and mathematician and study and research the things i get into down to the last letter.and will use other sources.i can formulate ideas in my head and are very good at it.

sorry for calling you cretin.i never usually offend ladies in anyway.ive been following brady for over 20 twenty years.i used to live in the same town as the evil little fscker.i live in the next town now.please believe me when i tell you that hes(was) a narcissistic sociopath(its well know tbh)Ie studied him for years to some degree,im a psychopath(fully blown and developed) and can tell by many many things about his life,the crimes he commited and the way he lived at ashworth mental hospital.sociopathy and psychopathy are not the same disorder.psychopaths are rarely or never narcissists.the violence is the psychopaths motivation.whereas the sociopath(whilst can be sadists) their primary motivation is power and control.brady has never been diagnosed with any psychotic based disorder.I have both.please take my word on this.at the end of day all he was just an evil,sadistic mother-fscker who wanted the power of life and death over children.look for example about going on hunger-strike.he did that for the tiny bit of power and control.if he wanted to kill himself he would have stopped his fluid intake.death occurs around 3-4 days being without fluids.

bee safe and sorry for the insult.
Andrew,

Last edited:
T

thejester

sorry for reposting.it wouldnt let me edit my post.

i rarely go off my own opinion.iam a scientist and mathematician and study and research the things i get into down to the last letter.and will use other sources.i can formulate ideas in my head and are very good at it.i always wait until im almost certain what i write is the facts.truth is a philosophical argument

sorry for calling you cretin.i never usually offend ladies in anyway.ive been following brady for over 20 twenty years.i used to live in the same town as the evil little fscker.i live in the next town now.please believe me when i tell you that hes(was) a narcissistic sociopath(its well know tbh)Ie studied him for years to some degree,im a psychopath(fully blown and developed) and can tell by many many things about his life,the crimes he commited and the way he lived at ashworth mental hospital.sociopathy and psychopathy are not the same disorder.psychopaths are rarely or never narcissists.the violence is the psychopaths motivation.whereas the sociopath(whilst can be sadists) their primary motivation is power and control.brady has never been diagnosed with any psychotic based disorder.I have both.please take my word on this.at the end of day all he was just an evil,sadistic mother-fscker who wanted the power of life and death over children.look for example about going on hunger-strike.he did that for the tiny bit of power and control.if he wanted to kill himself he would have stopped his fluid intake.death occurs around 3-4 days being without fluids.

bee safe and sorry for the insult.
Andrew,