• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Fake eyelashes ruined my night..?!!?!

A

AussieGirl

I was supposed to be going to a dance/electro gig tonight with my partner. I'd bought him the ticket because it is one of the American djs that he really loves.

It all started when i had this famed idea that I was going to wear fake eyelashes (much to his shock as I have naturally spider leg looking lashes). I couldn't get them on. So I asked him to (yeah right cj he is a boy), but to his credit, he tried, and he couldn't either.

As I had been planning to wear them all week, my outfit was now incomplete, I feel like I look horrible, and again, I am embarrassed to go out in public looking the way that I do. I feel awful, I am only a size 12-14, and know that people tell me I am pretty, but of course they would

This pathetic incident has ruined my night. I cannot get over it and I can't bring myself to go out in public. I am sitting here naked (sorry for the overshare) on the couch, with perfect make up....feeling absolutely low.

What is going on......!!!!!!

D

Deremna

I can't wear fake eyelashes for the life of me, they fall right off a couple minutes later no matter how strong an eyelash glue I use.

I can also relate very much to your post. I have ended up a sobbing ball on the floor of my bathroom trying to get my hair to do what I want it to when I go out. I have been known to throw things as well.. I once broke a hole in my closet door with a brush handle.

A

AussieGirl

I love fake eyelashes they're so gorgeous.

Yeah the way I look is so important to me (that sounds so shallow) but before I got so fat (I put on 25kgs) I was actually really pretty ,but now I am so self destructive (bleaching the hell out of my hair, binge eating etc)

I tried to overdose on the weekend so now am going back to Australia for 6 months to be with my family, I still hope to come back to london, or try the states or something

Ugh. Mental illness is lame...
:love:

D

Deremna

I have always been on the pudgy side and, try as I might, it's so hard for me to lose any weight because I am super lazy. And not a big fan of being out in the sun. But I have been walking from my work to the car lot and will probably start walking to work as well so hopefully that will help a little or at least get me used to being outside. I have days where I'm fine and then days where I don't go out cos I am convinced I'm the most hideous moo cow ever, despite what my boyfriend has to say.

I recently got a mohawk which I bleach and dye outlandish colors in response to my mom having a stroke and having lung cancer. I figure there's worse ways I could rebel so no big deal. Plus, I look pretty bad ass with it, if I do say so myself. (y)

D

Deremna

I tried to overdose on the weekend so now am going back to Australia for 6 months to be with my family, I still hope to come back to london, or try the states or something
I hope going to see your family helps out.. Trying to overdoes is no beuno. I thought about it a lot this weekend during my insomniac phase, I was that desperate to sleep.

A

AussieGirl

Haha, I love that - bad ass, that's so cool...I'd love to be so adventurous, i'm just your girl next door look alike (when I'm not horrendously murdering my poor hair). I get what you do in reinventing yourself in a bad situation...it's a typical thing right.

I have those days too, where I literally can't walk outside because I feel like people are staring at me thinking I'm the biggest crazy in the world or that I'm so hideously ugly. My partner says it's because I'm pretty, but I'm not sure who's the delusional one sometimes!!!!!

D

Deremna

My partner says it's because I'm pretty, but I'm not sure who's the delusional one sometimes!!!!!

Mine does that as well and it normally results in me having a screaming fit about how he's a liar and then I mope for a while. I have never been too good at accepting compliments.

A

AussieGirl

Yep me too, I could list off the things I threw at him. I hate myself when I get like that, afterwards you just feel like such an idiot. It looks like I'm having a little temper tantrum and need a stomping matt!!

But he obviously does thing you're a stunner, that's why he is with you...but I know, everyone tells you that and it means s.f.a right??

Yep, it doesn't work and all it does is hurt alot getting your tummy pumped and you end up even sadder right??! Blah!!!