• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

'Faith' thread - one to watch

M

mon_amie

I'm not one of those Christians who has had it easy all my life or whose life has changed dramatically immediately after getting saved. I was twelve when I got saved and before I did, I was this sensitive bookworm and after I accepted Jesus...I was a sensitive bookworm. Nothing really changed, I had trouble making friends, I would sometimes burst into tears because I just didn't know how to communicate my sadness. Then one summer came and I swear I could feel the anxiety coming over me. It started with me just clenching my fists or shuting my eyes. And then the images came and I diagnosed myself with ocd. I wanted to have myself commited. And it took me a long time but this illness that I have is what brought me closer to God. I talk to God when I rather beat myself up for these thoughts. I tell him how I feel, but I always try to end the conversation with something that lines up with his word like "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I have struggled with this thing a lot longer than I wanted to, but if I've learned anything it's that by helping others we help ourselves recover. I wrote this to find out if there's any of you who has become stronger in your faith do to your illness( not just ocd) as well as to inspire others.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I haven't, but I'm not Christian. I do think though that reaching out to "higher power" works for a lot of people and helps us connect with the greater truths in spirituality. It can support us a lot. I think a lot of people of many faiths, can find this helps them.

I am pleased it is helping you. xxxx