Failing school, no hope

Lemonrose1820

Lemonrose1820

Hello,

I am failing out of nursing school and I don’t know what to do. I want to be a nurse but it just doesn’t seem possible for me. I can’t help but to wonder if I’d be having this issue if I didn’t have bipolar disorder. I can’t relate to anyone in my life because no one I know is failing out of school. Any advice? Similar situations? Reassuring thoughts? I’ll take anything at this point. Thank you :)

M

MM54

Hi, I failed school ages ago due to personal issues taking its toll on me. Had to repeat the year and tried my best to focus on it. Whilst I didn't do too great, I succeeded and feel like it was because I had my mind set on my dream.

Try to keep focused as much as you can on your nursing degree, set your heart and mind on the dream job and you will succeed. Stay strong

B

Bosslash123

This is right up my ally...I am currently a student. I started out with 3 classes now I only attend 1. I tried..and I tried. The more classes I had, the more I sent myself into a manic episode. I began to be a pattern. I was guaranteed an episode mid semester. My mental health team said, enough is enough. They restricted my classes.

For myself, I learn differently and I study differently. I also have ADHD. I have special accommodations for my test. My adviser, who is also my professor in many of my classes, knows my situation. I have even told her about my med changes. Some days I may seem out of it during class but she knows why.

If you have any questions about being bipolar in school, just ask. I'll try to give you my best advise.

B

Bosslash123

BTW... I am a Nutrition and Dietetics student. We have a lot of courses in common.

G

goodgollymiss

I have failed my second year of university. It doesn't restrict you much unless you take out your frustrations on others and be disrespectful *(like I did) my main problem was organization and time management . I also could not find the answers in the textbook, so I searched for online university notes .

G

goodgollymiss

It can also be good to read online university notes before a class starts (especially for a hard subjectl

B

Bosslash123

The simplest essay takes me hours. First I gather way too much information. Then I don't know what to do with it. I can't type fast enough to tell you how much I understand. It is classic me to lash out and break every bridge. I go off on everyone and no one who means squat to me. This is hard to hear but sometimes we have to bit our tongue. I understand you 100%.

Completely off topic but usual custom for me... I am having a problem with my Fitbit watch. Understandably...mundane...but I chose to live chat instead of phone so I didn't go off on some random stranger. Believe me I typed plenty and then I said to myself...do I really need to say this. Don't forget...it's all being recorded.

My Psychiatrist told me one time to ask myself these 3 questions before I speak:
Do I need to say it?
Does it need to be said?
Does it need to be said now?

Off on a tangent but typical...

B

Bosslash123

In regards to the class work. I am a perfectionist. For me, this idea of "cramming" the night before is ridiculous. I have a beyond a hundred score in my class. I have had the top score in every test and assignment. How did I do it? I studied 3 times as hard. I did not procrastinate. I wrote my lecture and chapter notes ten times over. What am I saying...this...is hard. You have to find how you learn. It has taken me over 4 semesters to figure my style. You can do the same.

G

goodgollymiss

When I talk about "online notes" I mean class notes posted by a random professor for the public

icecreamcake

icecreamcake

Hi, Lemonrose!

I just want to say first and foremost that I feel for you. 😌 I prolonged my stay in College due to my bad coping mechanisms with handling depression and anxiety. Instead of four years, I graduated after five years. And in fact, just last year I failed Medical School and shattered my dreams of becoming a doctor.

I’d like to encourage you to take a breather. Don’t let the pressure of society get into you and steal more and more of your joy. I wish I was able to do so during those times, because for one I have strict Asian parents who expected much from me, didn’t like seeing money go to waste, and didn’t understand mental illness that well.

Pray to God. And try finding yourself by consulting your Creator and at the same time keeping your mind off the toxic stuff such as things that remind you of your failure. I’m sure that’ll be of big help to you more than you know it. 😊

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Bipolar Forum 1
J Bipolar Forum 1
F Bipolar Forum 6