Failed narcissists?

• Thread starter angry butterfly
  • Start date
angry butterfly

angry butterfly

I was watching a video on youtube the other day, and a self confessed narcissist said he thought people with bpd were failed narcissists. Think he's got a point to some degree.
What do others think?

megirl

megirl

Ummm...
I would say its the other way around narcissists are people who have failed having a borderline diagnosis, being an empathic person who feel bad for hurting others to someone who actually doesn't care about others pain and isn't apologetic.
And being someone unempathetic I dont believe you could somehow turn into an empathetic person
Also narcissistic people don't ask for help as they dont want to change.
Whereas BPD sufferers do.

However BPD and NPD do have similar traits, and some people with a personality disorder can have both BPD and NPD at the same time.
So yeh at the end of the day I end up being confused, I could be wrong and it works both ways which thinking about it now it actually could, if a person has both disorders then they may end up through therapy having less or more negative traits of one of the 2 personality disorders

I guess any things possible

angry butterfly

angry butterfly

Yes megirl i think you are right. There are many crossovers. This man is a therapist and very unusual as narcissists dont usual reconise they are narcissists let alone admit to it.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
i find this a bit hurtful
i have BPD and far from loving myself and who i am i hate myself and people tell me often i am kind caring and thoughtful and put others first

if i thought for a second i was a narcissist i would end my life right now x