• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

failed at everything

M

matt42069

There isnt a single thing in my life that i succeeded in , all chances i once had i wasted them all opportunities i wasted them all . I dont believe ill ever be happy but to be honest i havent deserved any happiness . Now it just feels like living in simulation with same routine awaiting for my death .

G

goodgollymiss

I dont know how to do veganism safely. But trying heart healthy veggi recipes online helps clear my head. Today I made a date, coaco, cinnamon, peanut butter, cauliflower, almond milk smoothie. I had to soak the dates in hot water because I have an old blender

A

Aurelius

Hello Matt, you are sounding really low - especially about the past. If you keep reliving the past (and I know how hard it is to resist the temptaton to do this), it will continue to haunt the present and predetermine the future.

Sometimes we have to discard the baggage from past journeys if we want to start out afresh on a new journey. This can be really tough because no matter how heavy it is as a burden, the baggage we carry is made up of things we know. Leaving it behind can leave us feeling naked in facing the unknown, especially as our anxieties and fears are never far away...

C

CabbageMama

I can get caught up feeling like this when I am bad, Matt. Just because you are thinking about it doesn’t make it true. X

T

treasurebox

You were created to be happy. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps you become motivated and inspired to do better things.

What are you good at? What do you love doing? Is it arts and crafts, cooking, baking, carpentry, etc. Do it for it will make you succeed and become happy.

M

matt42069

You were created to be happy. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps you become motivated and inspired to do better things.

What are you good at? What do you love doing? Is it arts and crafts, cooking, baking, carpentry, etc. Do it for it will make you succeed and become happy.
It doesnt matter that i was supposed to be happy , but i realise now that i cant . I can barely go outside cause of my anxiety which i ignored for couple of years hiding in my home . Im just tired of this false hope everyday that thigns somehow will go my way when i know that nobody cares about me and that im supposed to be happy .

H

Hometrip

Matt I understand what your going though, its dull, lame, and not possible to describe. a roller coaster feelling amazing then the lowest of the low but i can tell you from experience it gets better very fast once you accept and regognize what is making you feel this way

H

Hometrip

forgot to mention we all fail at everything all the time that's what learning is never feel bad for failing or asking questions. there are no stupid questions just stupid actions

J

JeanPierre

There isnt a single thing in my life that i succeeded in , all chances i once had i wasted them all opportunities i wasted them all . I dont believe ill ever be happy but to be honest i havent deserved any happiness . Now it just feels like living in simulation with same routine awaiting for my death .
I'm sorry you are so sad.
You say you don't deserve happiness.
From today start doing only things you feel are right.
Everything will start to fall into place.
Sounds simple but it's effective.

C

carebare

sometimes it feels like we aren't doing anything good because success is viewed as something we are naturally supposed to be doing, and failure feels like a total loss. You are succeeding, you probably don't realize it. Even posting on here for help is a win.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

It doesnt matter that i was supposed to be happy , but i realise now that i cant . I can barely go outside cause of my anxiety which i ignored for couple of years hiding in my home . Im just tired of this false hope everyday that thigns somehow will go my way when i know that nobody cares about me and that im supposed to be happy .
Things will eventually improve, they always do. These are very difficult times for the entire world right now. I have a job where I communicate with people all over the world in a daily basis-Europe, the far East, South America. EVERYONE is struggling with this pandemic and the restrictions it has imposed on our lives. If you're already feeling low about events in your life, this pandemic has magnified them greatly.

Things will start to open up this summer, as vaccinations and herd immunity kick in. That may not address all your problems, but it'll help your outlook to get out and about. You should feel better as things open back up-then I'd seek therapy to address your feelings of having failed at things. You're probably being too hard on yourself, most of us do. Talk to someone who isn't going to be judgmental, like a therapist. That will help you feel better, trust me. Always has with me.

JessisMe

JessisMe

It’s okay to fail at things. Life isn’t just about succeeding at everything. We can find meaning in our lives despite our many failures if we try. xo, j

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

It’s okay to fail at things. Life isn’t just about succeeding at everything. We can find meaning in our lives despite our many failures if we try. xo, j
And we may be unfair to ourselves in calling something a 'failure'. Just because something doesn't work out for you doesn't mean you have failed. Wasn't it the great inventor Thomas Edison who noted:

When a reporter asked about developing the incandescent light bulb, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps." "Great success is built on failure, frustration, even catastrophe."

In life you will have many events that don't work out as planned, only a few which do. That's not 'failing', that's learning. Look at it that way and you'll feel much better about yourself. And I have LEARNED a lot of things in my life! LOL

M

matt42069

Things will eventually improve, they always do. These are very difficult times for the entire world right now. I have a job where I communicate with people all over the world in a daily basis-Europe, the far East, South America. EVERYONE is struggling with this pandemic and the restrictions it has imposed on our lives. If you're already feeling low about events in your life, this pandemic has magnified them greatly.

Things will start to open up this summer, as vaccinations and herd immunity kick in. That may not address all your problems, but it'll help your outlook to get out and about. You should feel better as things open back up-then I'd seek therapy to address your feelings of having failed at things. You're probably being too hard on yourself, most of us do. Talk to someone who isn't going to be judgmental, like a therapist. That will help you feel better, trust me. Always has with me.
Its not about pandemic , actually pandemic didnt realy change any of my daily routine to stay at home and basically trying to occupy my time . even before pandemic i stayed at home like 3 or 4 years in a row and even when iam i ncompany of people i dont feel like i belong there . The only 1 thing that surely speaks to me about belonging its just death . And speakign about mistakes . its 1 thing to make mistakes when u have a higher goal but its completely different when u just do nothing waiting for someone because this mistake doesnt actually lead u anywhere except maybe at the lowest possible mindset so i dont think those 2 things are very comparable .