Fading out slowly.

A

Akardy

So some of you might remember I was posting here quite a lot a few months back. I've been hearing voices for about a year and half, not schizophrenic, more an extreme stress reaction....I'm quite ill physically, fibromyalgia, so spent too much time too isolated, taking strong pain medication or smoking pot every day...one or the other....and then it was sort of triggered by having some load neighbors, which was real and was annoying, but then I started to imagine I was hearing them talking about me...constantly.

So a few months back I was in a hell of state, it took me a long time to be convinced it wasn't real and then I was in a constant state of anxiety about it.

Since then things have gotten better. I haven't had any treatment, haven't seen anyone therapy wise (I'm on a waiting list) haven't had any new medication. And it's still there, but the bits where I don't notice it because I'm distracted are getting longer and more frequent. It stresses me out a lot less even when I can hear it clearly. And then a lot of the time now it's more like hearing vague muttering, I can't really make out what's being said a lot of the time.

So that's the good news. The bad news is I'm still ill, worse if anything, so even more isolated socially, still on the strong pain meds...the only time I don't have them is if I smoke some pot...I'm sure both of those things are bad for my mental health, but then so is being in agonizing pain day after day to the point you want to kill yourself.

So I just wanted to share my progress somewhere really...if anyone has any advice about how I can get rid of the voices entirely that'd be great. If anyone wants to know what I've done that might have helped I'm happy to share.

I still can't quite believe this has happened to me, hearing voices is what crazy people do right? If you'd seen me at my worst on this when I was convinced it was real you might have thought me a little crazy...but generally I've been able to seem like a perfectly normal, sane, person who can calmly tell you I hear stuff that isn't there. Jesus. Ah well.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Akardy, welcome back. Glad to hear your insight into your mental health has improved even if the physical pain is still there. I had fibromyalgia for five years until I figured out it was caused by the medication I was taking. Also, I use to take a high dose of Malic Acid for the pain and that worked really well. ;)

S

Saphyrro

I got my voices from a cold turkey withdrawal from a neuroleptic (clozapine). I only had mild psychosis before. I tried almost every medication on the market (mostly neuroleptics) and all I get from it is intolerable side-effects. One medication lessened the voices somewhat for a short time, that was fluanxol. Its not applicable to my life in any way though because as soon as I take a pill, I get parkinsons syndrome , akathisia and okulogyre crisis of the worst kind. I stopped trusting psych docs altogether, I believe most of them dont know what they are doing at all, besides selling drugs unknown even to them.

A

Akardy

mmm well I wasn't taking any medication when I first got fibro so it's not that for me. I had glandular fever, wasn't that bad really, just like the flu for a week. I was origionally diagnosed with "post viral chronic fatigue", was told it'd be gone in six months....seven years ago.

But yeah, talking about bad psych meds I'm having a really shit time right now coming of citalopram. I moved to mirtazapine to help me sleep, because of the voices, I've been weaning myself off from the citalopram for about a year but still having a hell of a time trying to stop completely. Feel like I'm going to pass out every time I stand up.

A

Akardy

Having an even better day than yesterday with the voices though. Barely there, more and more like vague muttering in the background, can't actually make out the words.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Akardy, I'm glad the voices are better but sorry you feel like falling down when you stand up. It certainly is difficult to stop these drugs. I've got a big hug for you.

:hug5::hug5::hug5:

S

Saphyrro

Akardy, I was feeling like sh** as long as I took ANY psych med. Without exception. Im wondering how anyone can live with these debilitating medications. I feel they are a crime against humanity. I couldnt imagine feeling good at all with these poisons. Sorry for the drastic expression but thats how I see it. Check out Dr. Peter Breggin, he is a well known U.S. psychiatrist, he isnt biased in any way, he simply tells the truth about these dangerous substances imo.

I believe psych meds make things much worse in the long run. They can help for a short time only, keeping on taking these drugs (like your doctor wants of course) is very unhealthy though and causes numerous neuro-physiological and also neuro-psychological issues (conditions the meds are supposed to cure..) . Studies have shown that patients who dont take psych meds have a much higher chance of recovery from schizophrenia-type conditions in the long run, while patients who take psychiatric meds have less symptoms at first but have a less % chance of a full recovery.

Last edited:
Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Well, I've read Breggin's books and all the anti psychiatry material on the internet. The truth is, some of us need the medications.

And after being on these drugs a long time, it is very difficult to stop them.

If you are lucky enough to escape the system and cure yourself, God Bless You. But if your life is unmanageable there's no failure in taking medication.

Last edited:
S

Saphyrro

Yes that is the problem. Psych meds (all, especially neuroleptics) not only damage the brain, they also make you physically dependent on them. Its far worse than being on illegal drugs. Psych meds are only a short time intervention. I would stop taking them as soon as the symptoms have gone. If you keep taking these medications for more than a few weeks, you are harming yourself much more than helping yourself, usually. I personally dont know of any case (and cant imagine) where a lifelong psychiatric medication would really be indicated. Big pharma is making dirty money here with the help of our doctors, believe me. Also, I got my voices from a neuroleptic withdrawal, I only had mild psychotic 'thoughts' (not voices) before. I was unnecessarily medicated with "clozapin" without being informed about side-effects, dependency or withdrawal. This medication has destroyed my life. Stay away from these poisons if you can...

(sorry, I dont mean to be rude to anyone for anything, but I keep (and will keep) insisting on this one point as psych meds have destroyed my life and have caused my voices (!). Also, Im quite knowledgable about their functioning and history, I usually am better informed than most doctors)

Last edited:
J

Jason76

I use Kratom, it helps me except the voices and other worldly things. While allowing me to focus and relieves my anxiety