• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Facing being homeless along with antipsychotic withdrawal.

A

Art78

I've been getting off risperdal for two months. With each decrease came mania, but not too bad.
I am naseous most of the time and unbelievably tired now. I've been completely off for 8 days.
About 2 days ago I received a letter from housing saying they have terminated my from the program. (Letter sent 7/30 and they did not pay aug. rent.) Because of some paperwork, that I thought was done 2 months ago. And I did not hear back from them for months, just termination letter. They have cut my hrs at work. I do not feel I could function working full time. I have 3 of my children still at home. We have also been in our home for 15 yrs. I only have an income of $1700 a month. That's not enough for 4 people to live anywhere. We will all be homeless and my youngest son will be taken by his father. Not to a mention a house full of belongings would be lost.
I'm beside myself. I feel odd. Almost depersonalized. I am worried about what kind of state this could put me in. I'm bp. I have my counselor working on my behalf with housing.
I don't know how I can come up with an extra $1300? I may apply for disability if housing won't reconsider.

Zero One

Zero One

I came close to being homeless a couple years ago and I was stark crazy at the time with severe psychosis and A LOT of involuntary talking. I hope things work out for you!

T

timing

In a lot of cities there is something called the " Interfaith Hospitaility Network". They can help with housing, job and even shelter you and your children. I was homeless with children two times and they helped me tremendously. Legal Aid was also helpful when I was being evicted, it gave me more time to find a place to live.

It is a hard road but determination to not give up leads the way.
Take good care