facing anxiety

M

mrtechnojay

everyday i drink to cover my anxieties in life with stress and depression, i always wake up during the night, then once i drink water, i get the withdrawals from drinking and anxiety symptoms start, i am always trying to say face it and it will pass but i don't like the feeling going through it, i always look to the bottle to take it away but realise it makes me worse, its so hard to try and be sober to face it, but yet again i turn my faith to god for help but it gets worse when i do that, so i just turn to the bottle and feel rotten because i know what direction thats putting me in, i always attention seek and i feel bad doing that and laugh at myself, i worry about going into shortness of breath but i get sense that its natural and theres nothing wrong with my lungs as i don't smoke, my obsessions get out of hand and i have to explain myself when i panic, i just feel a wanna cry out to god for help but a feel unforgiven cause my mistakes in life and i never accepted forgiveness as i never accept myself, is there anyone out there that feel the same?

C

cobalt01

It sounds like your having a hard time with anxiety attacks. Are you on any medication for this?

Turning to alcohol makes you feel better for the short time but it will make you worse in the long run. I know its not easy to get though the day and to fight it but alcohol isn't the answer.

Have you tried any anxiety technics to try an relax yourself? Relaxation tips to relieve stress - Stress, anxiety and depression - NHS Choices

When I panic I feel i have to explain myself and wanna cry. Also feel faint. Unfortunately it's part of panic attacks and anxiety :-(

If you try and forgive yourself for your past mistakes you may find it easier to cope instead off worrying. Again this isn't easy I know that all to well.

C

connor177

Alcohol will just make your anxiety worse, i don't drink regularly but when I do drink the day after is usually a time where my anxiety is very high.

I did used to drink a lot, and eat a junk food diet, with lots of added sugar, aswell as drinking loads of caffeine products. I've found though since I've cut out all the crap and started eating a healthy diet, aswell as exercising regularly I don't get the anxiety like I used to, and I've not had a panic attack for months.

As hard as it may sound I think you need to think about changing your lifestyle, and cutting out the alcohol. I think it's acceptable to drink every now and then socially, but drinking everyday is not doing you any good.

Last edited: