• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Face-to-face assessment postponed because of DWP computer problems

D

dking

I was supposed to attend a face-to-face assessment about my ESA (I have Support Group) today. I got there (Hatfield, Herts.) at exactly the time I was given i.e. ten minutes before 9.45. When I arrived I was told that the DWP computer systems were down, and the person who was supposed to see me had driven off to Luton to help sort out the problems. I wonder how common this is?

It shows that the so-called face-to-face assessment is in fact a 'Healthcare Professional' using a computer programme. Not only is the bureaucratic system itself inhuman and uncaring, so is the 'interview.' Why cannot the assessor read what I have spent some hours writing on the ESA 450, and then (if necessary) meet me and use their human education & common sense (if any) to ask me about what I have written. How can a computer assess my mental health?

American Boy

American Boy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I was supposed to attend a face-to-face assessment about my ESA (I have Support Group) today. I got there (Hatfield, Herts.) at exactly the time I was given i.e. ten minutes before 9.45. When I arrived I was told that the DWP computer systems were down, and the person who was supposed to see me had driven off to Luton to help sort out the problems. I wonder how common this is?

It shows that the so-called face-to-face assessment is in fact a 'Healthcare Professional' using a computer programme. Not only is the bureaucratic system itself inhuman and uncaring, so is the 'interview.' Why cannot the assessor read what I have spent some hours writing on the ESA 450, and then (if necessary) meet me and use their human education & common sense (if any) to ask me about what I have written. How can a computer assess my mental health?
I fucking hate that degrading shit this government are a disgrace and I'm ashamed to be British.

The Tory party need to be executed and there heads put on public display. In this day and age we have to deal with 1700's treatment of mental health more less. Its a fucking disgrace.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Were you refused PIP because you missed the face-to-face assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
E Help - ESA Face to Face assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
C ESA Face to Face Assessment. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
K PIP - No Face to Face Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
W PIP/ESA/UC face-to-face assessments suspended. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N I’ve been awarded high mob - high care until 2025. Without face to face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Screechout Just had my PIP face to face Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
N I've been told I won't have to attend PIP face-to-face. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
S Just had pip face to face Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S PIP face to face. Worried about getting aggressive Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R No face to face, advice sent to descion maker at dwp Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
C ESA face-to-face on Friday. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A face to face assesmenr with Capita regarding PIP tomorrow Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
N ESA Claiments To Face Regular DWP Doctor Meetings From November Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 45
F Obese face 'exercise or lose benefits' threat, council says Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
F Disabled benefits claimants face £71 a week fines for breaching work plan Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Funnyday PIP telephone assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 29
T Work Capability Assessment - questions about journal and evidence Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
M Pop renewal sent for assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
S Work capability assessment anyone ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 26
Z PIP telephone assessment nice timing ! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 24
C PIP assessment today....so anxious can’t sleep Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
E Where is my assessment? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
L ESA Support group - no assessment - stunned! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
P Need help with first time ESA assessment / ESA 50 / Severe mental health issues Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
Luci ESA work capability assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Screechout Esa/work assessment descion time scale Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 35
Artmuzz My second PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
R After my pip assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S PIP they don’t follow recommendations from assessment report Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Artmuzz PIP assessment messing me about Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
S Home visit by Health care assessment by pip Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
W ESA assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R Mid-Claim PIP assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N Assessment experience Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Hikikomori1979 Assessment Centers BS Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
B 3rd work Capability Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
B DWP Has No Record Of My ESA Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
yellows ESA Assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 34
K ESA Health assessment advisory - work capability assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
M ESA Work Capability Questionnaire/assessment...first time in 5 years, slew of MH issues, apparently no evidence.. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
J Going into ESA Assessment alone. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
S ESA assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 120
N telling ESA assessment people I don't have anything wrong with me which I believe I don't. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
R ESA assessment and appealing a decision Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 23
D When i tell ESA assessment i can work p/t will they fail me? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D Placed in ESA Support Group WITHOUT assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
cpuusage Disability benefits: PIPs assessment firms 'to get extra £200m' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D ATOS Assessment today - only lasted 20-25 minutes - worried!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
W ESA .maximus work capability assessment UK Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 22