Face hallucinations

D

Dehydratedwatermelon

Hi just wondering if anyone elese has experienced face hallcinations, and what's the word for it iv looked for years for the correct word for it.

Till recently, early this year I was getting other peoples faces, latuda seems to block it mostly...

I found this Prosopometamorphopsia - Wikipedia

But am not sure if that's the correct word for it

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I used to very often see strangers whose faces looked very familiar like I've known them in the past. Sometimes I've thought I know who they are but they turn out to have no idea who I am. I also believe that I have something called illusory palinopsia which is when you see after images all over the place for longer than normal. Like if I look at a black picture frame on a white wall, then when I look away, like at a blank wall I see a light after image of the picture frame for up to half a minute. If I'm looking out the window, when I look back into the room I often see an after image of the window for up to two minutes. Sometimes after just looking around a room it gets annoying with all the after images cluttering my vision from all the thinks I've looked at. Other times I don't notice it very much. When I found illusory palinopsia on the internet it said it can be a side effect of taking risperidone, an antipsychotic med that I took for ten years.

D

Dehydratedwatermelon

Yeah i was looking at palinopsia yesterday
But by face hallcinations I mean having someone elese face hallucinate over your own lasts for a few seconds, I used to get a visual hallcination of the person, sometimes be listening to them with auditory, and have there face for seconds at a time.......

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

When I was really psychotic before, everyones faces were covered in shadow and I couldn't see or recognise anybody.

Doesn't look like what I had before fits the link you posted. I just remember the thoughts teasing me trying to get me to think I was talking to people I knew and introduce myself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Schizophrenia Forum 1
vanish Schizophrenia Forum 2