• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

F##cking goverment cuts !!

D

DELATEXT

I AM SO ANGRY FOUND OUT TODAY GLASGOW COUNCIL INCREASING MY HOMEHELP BILL BY 50% !!
ALSO MY SCOTTISH ASSOCIATION FOR MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT MAYBE CUT !!!
I AM SICK AND FURIOUS ABOUT THIS AS THE GOVERMENT IS TARGETTING THE VUNERABLE, AND THOSE F##KING GREEDY MP'S AND BANKERS WHO GOT US INTO THIS MESS, WALLOW IN THE MIRE AT OUR EXPENSE !!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
C

Charlie123

Completely agree!!!

S

*Sapphire*

Oh my word really?

Do you have an independent advocacy there that you can approach? Is there a supplement you can claim instead? 50% seems a huge increase, too huge, is that legal?

R

rasselas

I personally think governments and bankers are to blame, indeed - but I wouldn't cease the fingerpointing there. The greed-fest was all-consuming; so you must also blame the Media (that dirge of home-buying, quick buck, multiple mortgage enticement); the housing market, for inflating prices to a distasteful degree; the left and the right in academia, for succumbing to the greedfest too, with far too little out and out critique; and ordinary people - for believing that living on the never-never was sustainable and wholescale buying into the whole pathetic fantasy of growth and quick and easy bucks...

:)

But yes, now the party's over everyone is going to feel the pinch and it's gonna be a rough ride. Unless you have a private villa in the Bahamas...

D

DELATEXT

dealing with it

Hi, have written to my MP, Who phoned me, she contacted my local councillor who wrote to me stating he'd investigate it ??
Actually found an alternative service who charge £10 per hour
and are registered with the care commission and genuine.
thanks to all concerned for you support..

:tea::tea::tea:

C

Charlie123

who are the alternative service?

D

DELATEXT

spot on

You my friend are spot on I just hope we the vulnerable do not get subjected to cuts to our support etc...
Like a lot of us I am very concerned and worried about this !!
thanks for your insight.

:clap::clap:

D

DELATEXT

home help service

an independent charity that provides home help plus befriending and care mostly for the elderly in my area, unfortunately they do not do city wide.
they are based at Maryhill Community Halls if this is any help to you ??
on Maryhill Road

:welcome:

Last edited:
C

Charlie123

am glad you got to know about something! Is it the richmond?

C

Charlie123

Maryhill! You a Thistle fan then! :p

D

DELATEXT

richmond

they do provide a service, not sure of the cost they may do city wide ??
suggest if you need to access them you check out their website for information or call them if you cannot do it yourself do you have someone who can do it for you ??
hope this helps ??
Richmond operate in the Broomhill area near Partick as far as I know...

:tea:

C

Charlie123

Yeah I know it! Good people there! have you got yourself a advance statement?

D

DELATEXT

Thistle

Ah good old Thistle wish they had an oil sheik to toss money at the team !!!

C

Charlie123

haha, am a dundee fan. We had guy throw money at the team but it never got us up this year! Nightmare!

D

DELATEXT

sorry

sorry do not understand advance statement, think you have to get your Doctor, CPN or Social worker to apply on your behalf ??
also it maybe for the elderly , the home help part, but you can get support worker service if you're mentally ill.
suggest you look at their web page, also GAMH, PENUMBRA and SAMH all provide support services.