• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

f*cked up relationships in my family

S

Starbright

I don't want to go into details, just say that some in my family think I'm difficult, angry, causing trouble, being nasty, causing them pain, arguing, just a problem. I am just not like that. I don't understand how I can say something in love and be flamed for being nasty. Am I missing something? I'm not surprised I'm the one with the mental health diagnosis. I'm the scapegoat. Others in the family have the problems, and they blame them on me. Seriously, my family is so screwed up.

I just needed to get that off my chest tonight. I want a father figure, not for a relationship, just for someone to give me a hug and tell me that it's all going to be alright. A big hug, for ages. Someone kind, gentle, understanding. That's what I want right now. Might sound soppy. I don't care.

D

Dollit

Families and their problem relationships have so much power over us. So much more than they deserve. My GP told me lately that people with mental health problems are more sensitive than the so called norms because we suffer from a sensory overload. We see and hear and feel things with such magnification. An incredibly perceptive friend said much the same to me on Friday. It hurts but it's something I personally have to find a way around. As for the hugs, we all need someone just for hugs I think.

S

Starbright

Thanks, Dollit. I was upset last night. I feel better today. I'm glad I never went into details.

A

ahmed

do not be sad and smiled for life

Try approaching your family and thinking in the way you loved and accepted in the family, meaning that sees Your actions did you have your family perspective and not from your point of view you, so evaluate yourself very well.
Try to work the family wants from you and you have not done it before, and you will all love that consideration of the family.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Seeing my family for the 1st time since winter, got a ticket on the intercity to brum if i can handle it

Don't know whether it's my familys fault, i've been diagnosed rediagnosed, rerediagnosed, they don't know what to make of it, the whole thing is difficult for me as well, mental health workers are incompetent and make things worse sometimes

Heard the disabled member of the family is blamed for the familys problems, i beleive thats the idea behind family therapy

Wish someone would speak to my family, my 86yr old mother can't do much and my siblings don't want to be left holding the baby when she dies, i'm told i should be glad my mothers still got her marbles, i'm treated as ill and not ill at the same time

D

Dollit

Between a rock and a hard place at the minute them Rambo. I hate the people watching over me bit but I need as a much as I loathe it, as was proved recently.

If you go I hope it's better than you expect.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
People watching over you, your lucky they aren't pushing the independent living the social services version that involves saving money by closing cases

D

Dollit

I am lucky in that respect but I hate being sick enough to be safe from it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M People 0
PinkCandyFloss People 3