• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Eye Color

T

telepath

Hi, I would like to know whether anyones eyes can change color.

Is this natural for a human of any age.

When I say change color, I don't mean that they get lighter or darker. I mean from say deep brown to deep blue or green or a mixture of brown and blue.

Please can you help me and confirm this matter.

Thanks in advance.

R

rasselas

amisulpride changed my eye colour from dark green to brown.

R

rasselas

from wikipedia...

Changes in eye color throughout life

In European populations, children are most commonly born with unpigmented eyes. As the child develops, melanocytes—cells found within the iris of human eyes (as well as skin and hair follicles)—slowly begin to produce melanin. Because melanocyte cells continually produce pigment, eye color, in theory, can be changed.

Changes (lightening or darkening) of eye colors during puberty, early childhood, pregnancy, and sometimes after serious trauma (like heterochromia) do represent cause for plausible argument to state that some eyes can or do change, based on chemical reactions and hormonal changes within the body. Most eye changes happen when the infant is around one year old, although it can happen up to three years of age.

Studies on Caucasian twins, both fraternal and identical, have shown that eye color over time can be subject to change, and major demelanization of the iris may also be genetically determined. Most eye-color changes have been observed or reported in the Caucasian population with hazel eyes.

R

rasselas

from The Interaction of DNA with Dopamine by Spectroscopic and Electrochemical Methods

Abstract;It has recently been reported that dopamine may show some biological activities in antitumor and cell apoptosis. We have thoroughly investigated the interaction between dopamine and DNA by CD, UV, fluorescence and electrochemical methods. The results of spectroscopic measurements have indicated that a binding event occurs in a dopamine-DNA system. Besides the electronstatic interaction between a negatively charged DNA molecule and a positively charged dopamine molecule, other binding modes, such as hydrogen-bond and intercalation may also exist in this system. The interaction parameters, including the equilibrium constant and binding numbers, were estimated by an electrochemical method based on the redox current and formal potentials. Both of the two calculation methods showed that the 1:1 type of complex was formed in the dopamine-DNA system and that its equilibrium constant was about 5.85 * 106 M-1. Based on the results of UV, fluorescence and electrochemical experiments in the present study, dopamine may be employed as an effective probe for a DNA assay. (author abst.)

I

IntrospectionFtw!

i wanted to try amisulpride apprently it has a good antidepressent effect at low doses...but a kind of dopamine flooding ur synapses kinda one.

T

telepath

Thanks for your replies

iffybob

iffybob

Wonder

I have wondered for some time... I am sure my eyes change colour...

The problem is ... "proving it", I also know enough out the perception of color to know that it is highley subjective... especialy with the human eye ,.....even with a camera the background light spectrum or even any light source that I have access to would have be uniform over time...

... I think too much .... boB ... :p