• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Extremely dislike my mother's boyfriend, relationship with her grandson suffers

C

Cinnamonpikachu

Extremely dislike my mother's boyfriend, relationship with her grandson suffers

I figured since I felt bad I needed some help with this. I am an adult woman with a 4 mo old son. My mother is so happy to have a grandson and wants us to visit more but the problem is I can't even be in the same area her boyfriend who she lives with, DC, is in. I have been giving him many chances. I am now one hundred percent done. I decided that when he ultimately shows the same habits of a really stupid, controlling freak, who drinks himself to death on a daily basis which I imagine sounds harsh but I don't really like anyone who treats my mother bad, do you? Last time I went to visit while he was there my baby was very young and still hard to get to bed. I stayed the night because there was a bad storm. The man always does the same thing, stays up really late watching TV in kitchen, eats a pizza, talks on the phone. Messes with washer (incredibly loud and ya, f-ing pointless at 2 am and he does this everyday) paces the house, opens and closes the front door about 4 times, and he seemed to not care or even, decided to bother me while I was just visiting my family (I was staying in the LL because this freak won't allow me to sleep in his daughter's bedroom) I know he wants my mom all to himself because everything he does pushes me away so I know for sure this is a bad relationship. He's not only a fall over drunk he is a total ass and insults my mother, steals from her, mean to my family, controls anything he can, and for example, doesnt let her parent his kids at all even though they are very naughty and to me that sounds weird. Doesn't it? I know he's a person, but everytime I think this I get myself in some shitty scenario like for example i went to my grandma's birthday which was hosted over there and he was extremely loud drunk and he had his creepy friends over who annoy me in petty ways. Ive tried and I will not do it again. Does my mom listen? No. i have to think of my happiness, and this person is so deep into addiction he will not listen. I am feeling bad about her not seeing her grandson but I guess she will have to decide who is more important. She has to leave him. It hurts me to see her suffer. I could let her babysit him but I don't even want him around my son.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I figured since I felt bad I needed some help with this. I am an adult woman with a 4 mo old son. My mother is so happy to have a grandson and wants us to visit more but the problem is I can't even be in the same area her boyfriend who she lives with, DC, is in. I have been giving him many chances. I am now one hundred percent done. I decided that when he ultimately shows the same habits of a really stupid, controlling freak, who drinks himself to death on a daily basis which I imagine sounds harsh but I don't really like anyone who treats my mother bad, do you? Last time I went to visit while he was there my baby was very young and still hard to get to bed. I stayed the night because there was a bad storm. The man always does the same thing, stays up really late watching TV in kitchen, eats a pizza, talks on the phone. Messes with washer (incredibly loud and ya, f-ing pointless at 2 am and he does this everyday) paces the house, opens and closes the front door about 4 times, and he seemed to not care or even, decided to bother me while I was just visiting my family (I was staying in the LL because this freak won't allow me to sleep in his daughter's bedroom) I know he wants my mom all to himself because everything he does pushes me away so I know for sure this is a bad relationship. He's not only a fall over drunk he is a total ass and insults my mother, steals from her, mean to my family, controls anything he can, and for example, doesnt let her parent his kids at all even though they are very naughty and to me that sounds weird. Doesn't it? I know he's a person, but everytime I think this I get myself in some shitty scenario like for example i went to my grandma's birthday which was hosted over there and he was extremely loud drunk and he had his creepy friends over who annoy me in petty ways. Ive tried and I will not do it again. Does my mom listen? No. i have to think of my happiness, and this person is so deep into addiction he will not listen. I am feeling bad about her not seeing her grandson but I guess she will have to decide who is more important. She has to leave him. It hurts me to see her suffer. I could let her babysit him but I don't even want him around my son.

this is an easy one.

Just be honest.

Mom I love you dearly and so does baby, but I don't want that Hot Mess anywhere near him.

Sometimes people need to be backed into Difficult Situations before they make Difficult choices.

Your baby's health and well being is at risk so carefully and calmly explain you don't want the Bad Influence in baby's life, ever.

Mom may just need that little push to get away from the freak.

Granny love is an Amazingly Powerful Thing.

All the best, it must be so hard for you.

:hug:

BDU

C

Cinnamonpikachu

Ya ur right

this is an easy one.

Just be honest.

Mom I love you dearly and so does baby, but I don't want that Hot Mess anywhere near him.

Sometimes people need to be backed into Difficult Situations before they make Difficult choices.

Your baby's health and well being is at risk so carefully and calmly explain you don't want the Bad Influence in baby's life, ever.

Mom may just need that little push to get away from the freak.

Granny love is an Amazingly Powerful Thing.

All the best, it must be so hard for you.

:hug:

BDU
A simple list as why it's unsafe for him.. Did not think of that! She will probably argue with me but he is MY son and I know what is best for him. I just know it won't solve it but she does need a push.. My sister hates him too. The push just might work. Thank you for your help and kind support