• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Extreme shyness

maggie0123

maggie0123

Does anyone else get really shy, for instance, on facebook messenger you see a message you sent someone and they never replied or they just read it, you feel so bad about yourself and embarrassed that you delete all the previous messages youve had with that person entirely?

jajingna

jajingna

I know well the feeling of shyness, it's been a frequent companion.

K

khuang

Online I don’t have too many issues with having conversations but face to face and it gets difficult with me. I start to worry that I’ll say something wrong and make other mad at me and so I won’t talk and then the same people will say that I’m not approachable.

maggie0123

maggie0123

Online I don’t have too many issues with having conversations but face to face and it gets difficult with me. I start to worry that I’ll say something wrong and make other mad at me and so I won’t talk and then the same people will say that I’m not approachable.
I relate to you on this, but I have a hard time even online. I hate not being replied to even if I also dont like responding so much

K

khuang

I relate to you on this, but I have a hard time even online. I hate not being replied to even if I also dont like responding so much
For me Online is easier because I don’t have to look at people in the eye when I have a conversation.

DwarfRabbit

DwarfRabbit

Yeah, but I'm "shy" in general.
I'm still anxious when texting new people or people I don't know well. I feel bad when they left me on read so that I ponder about it for days afterwards. I don't feel good because I think that I might did/said something wrong or made the person upset. Or I think that the person isn't interested in having a conversation with me - to the conclusion, that the person doesn't like me. But I never delete all the messages because the person would notice this and I can't undo the situation anyways.

Opalescence

Opalescence

I am exactly like DwarfRabbit on this (love your username!). I will always feel hurt if someone doesn't reply to a message of mine and I'll start thinking: did I say something stupid? Do they hate me for some reason? I won't delete messages though. But these things rarely happen, I am on 0 social networks and I have one friend.

J

JoleneInCalifornia

Does anyone else get really shy, for instance, on facebook messenger you see a message you sent someone and they never replied or they just read it, you feel so bad about yourself and embarrassed that you delete all the previous messages youve had with that person entirely?
when you send a message to someone and they dont respond back, even after you know that they've read it, it's not shyness. I think youre talking about feeling a form of rejection. It's even more disheartening when you know that person replies to everyone and yet, they choose to not communicate back to you. When i feel ostracized, i have a tendency to delete the whole message and then i try to deceive myself, and pretend that i never sent that message at all. Sometimes that helps. Other times, i overthink it and feel crappy.

maggie0123

maggie0123

when you send a message to someone and they dont respond back, even after you know that they've read it, it's not shyness. I think youre talking about feeling a form of rejection. It's even more disheartening when you know that person replies to everyone and yet, they choose to not communicate back to you. When i feel ostracized, i have a tendency to delete the whole message and then i try to deceive myself, and pretend that i never sent that message at all. Sometimes that helps. Other times, i overthink it and feel crappy.
I actually do the exact same thing haha when I feel embarrassed the person doesn't reply Ijust delete the whole conversation I had with a person

maggie0123

maggie0123

I am exactly like DwarfRabbit on this (love your username!). I will always feel hurt if someone doesn't reply to a message of mine and I'll start thinking: did I say something stupid? Do they hate me for some reason? I won't delete messages though. But these things rarely happen, I am on 0 social networks and I have one friend.
I also have no social media accounts and I only talk to a handful of friends which I realize is actually much healthier because social media is just basically showing off or lifestyle marketing

J

JoleneInCalifornia

I actually do the exact same thing haha when I feel embarrassed the person doesn't reply Ijust delete the whole conversation I had with a person
do you feel better deleting the whole conversation? Do you keep your distance from that person?

maggie0123

maggie0123

do you feel better deleting the whole conversation? Do you keep your distance from that person?
Yes I do, and if I start thinking of them again I just remove them from my mind immediately cause I get embarrassed. But I'll only feel comfortable talking to them again if they start talking to me first