Extreme fear of data breach may be my fault

B

BeyondAnxious123

Months back at work a co worker mentioned doing her work from home. I thought it was cool and decided to do it once when I needed to. Then months later I accessed the same info from home to basically aid a compulsion I was dealing with. Anyways, the site I accessed has our clients confidential information. I began becoming ObSESSED with a possible security breach. WHAT IF because I did my work and non work from home I’d been hacked ? My obsession made me think should I tell my job ? I never did. But then I think what if our clients are being punished because of what I did and I’m unaware of it as are they. To make matters worse my teenage niece who used to live with me has been gettin free magazines for close to a year. In my mind I almost am positive I remember her getting them prior to me ever accessing my work site from home but NOW my mind is like what IF she saw the sensitive info and used a clients ssn ? She was a pre teen when the magazines first came. She’s repeatedly said no auntie I didn’t do that. I just made up numbers. I’ve searched my home looking for OLd magazines with dates to reassure myself but can’t find anything. I know data breaches are REAL. Then whenever we do work inservices and a data breach is mentioned I’m reminded of what I’d done. Should I confess ? Does this sound at all logical ? Is this just paranoid thinking ?? Because I did break a rule so these could be the consequences

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Are you the only one who uses your computer? If so then I an certain you have nothing to worry about :hug:

if anyone was going to hack your work system they would do that regardless of whether someone used it at home or not :hug:

B

BeyondAnxious123

Are you the only one who uses your computer? If so then I an certain you have nothing to worry about :hug:

if anyone was going to hack your work system they would do that regardless of whether someone used it at home or not :hug:
Thank you. I guess the knowing that technically I wasn’t supposed to access the information from home. Then thinking that I don’t have the proper security at home that my job would have. I hate these thoughts 😩😩😩😩