• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Extreme Anxiety and sadness in the US for me

T

timing

I can only speak for myself. The images are unreal. I have seen a lot in my days. The death of JFk, RFK and MLK, racial protests, Vietnam protests, nightly casualties on the news of young americans in Vietnam in the hundreds.

Two 1/2 years of stability, I feel at the moment it falling apart. My hands are shaking, my breath catching and untold sadness. I don't care about either side at the moment and this post is not meant to start any political discussion.

We really have to get our act together. I am just going to take my anxiety meds which I haven't needed in 6 months and hope to God this ends now.

Randle McMurphy

Randle McMurphy

This was a terrible day but not our most terrible day. We are a strong country with strong people. We’ll recover and move forward as we always do.

K

keith74

Look at the silver lining - the riot by the Trump supporters completely backfired. Instead of intimidating lawmakers to oppose the results of electoral vote, it made many of them change their minds and support the results. A lesson learned - this kind of violent action will not work.

irwin

irwin

Look at the silver lining - the riot by the Trump supporters completely backfired. Instead of intimidating lawmakers to oppose the results of electoral vote, it made many of them change their minds and support the results. A lesson learned - this kind of violent action will not work.
Some of those involved will no doubt be going to prison (unless they are pardoned, first). Four people died -- one shot by the police. How could showing your love for a politician be worth that?